This delicious and easy recipe for Crock-Pot Apple Cranberry Cobbler is the perfect autumn dessert. Brimming with fresh apples and cranberries and topped with a great cobbler topping. Serve it warm with ice cream for a dessert your family will love!
Slow Cooker Apple Cranberry Cobbler
This tasty cobbler recipe was sent to us by reader Krissy Denny. A wonderful autumn or winter dessert that is chock full of apples and cranberries.
To take this slow cooked cobbler dessert over the top, serve each serving with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.
I like this cobbler served warm so that the ice cream melts all over the warm fruit. But it tastes just as good a room temperature.
Thanks Krissy for the fantastic recipe!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Apple Cranberry Cobbler:
- 4 Quart Slow Cooker (Or Larger)
- Vegetable Peeler
- Apple Corer
- Cutting Board
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Pastry Cutter
- Measuring Cups And Spoons
Frequently Asked Questions
This recipe can easily be doubled. To double this recipe simply double the ingredients, cook in a 6 quart or larger slow cooker and increase the cooking time by about 1 to 2 hours.
This recipe, as written is indeed gluten free. Just be sure that the oats that you purchase are labled as gluten free because some brands of oats are processed in factories that also process products that are not gluten free and thus if you have celiac or a gluten allergy there is the risk of cross contamination.
For this recipe you should use a variety of apples that is best used for baking so that the apples retain their shape when they are cooked. You can find a list of variety of apples in this article: Guide To Picking The Best Apples
If you cannot find fresh cranberries you may use frozen whole berry cranberries that have been thawed in this recipe. You can also use dried cranberries for a different flavor and texture.
Check out these apple slow cooker desserts too!
- 4 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 4.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Christmas Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Fall Recipes
- Kid Friendly Crock-Pot Recipes
- Thanksgiving Recipes
- Winter Recipes
Crock-Pot Apple Cranberry Cobbler Recipe
- Place sliced apples and cranberries in the bottom of a 4 to 5 quart slow cooker.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine together the remaining ingredients until combined and crumbly.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly over the fruit in the slow cooker.
- Place a layer of several paper towels or a clean kitchen towel between the lid of the slow cooker and stoneware crock to prevent condensation that may form while cooking from dripping on the cobbler.
- Vent the slow cooker by placing a utensil, such as a wooden spoon, between the lid and stoneware crock to allow steam to escape.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours, or until the fruit is cooked and juices are bubbling lightly around the edges of the slow cooker and the cobbler topping is set.
- Serve warm straight from the slow cooker or allow the cobbler to cool and top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream if desired.