Looking for a warm winter adult beverage? Try this sweet mulled wine which you can make more like a glogg if you want.
Crock-Pot Mulled Red Wine With Brandy
1.5 Liters of Red Wine ( I used a Sweet Red but you use what you like!)
1/2 Cup Brandy
3 Cups Herbal Tea (Citrus Flavors or Berry Flavors are good!)
1 Cup Sugar (optional)
4 Cinnamon Sticks
4 or 5 Whole Cloves
1/2 Teaspoon of Nutmeg
1 Orange Sliced
1 Lime or Lemon Sliced
Cheesecloth Sack or Tea Ball (optional)
- Place all ingredients in the crock pot keeping a few of the fruit slices for garnish. If you have a cheesecloth sack or tea ball, put the cloves in that first.
- Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours or until hot.
- Do not let the crock boil. You can turn it off and back on if you don’t have a warm setting.
- Remove fruit slices and cloves.
- Serve hot with orange and/or lemon slices for garnish.
Serving amount will depend on how much you’re serving up. To make this more like a glogg, add raisins and almonds. Yum. I added just raisins and ate those up after the wine was done. I researched a few recipes before throwing this together. Alot of them listed sugar as optional or didn’t include it. I tasted the wine before adding the sugar and decided it definitely needed it.