A reader submitted recipe from Krista Marshall at www.everydaymomsmeals.blogspot.com
. Thanks Krista!
1 Pound. Dried Great Northern Beans
1 Medium Sweet Onion, Finely Chopped
2 Ribs Celery, Finely Chopped
2 Medium Carrots, Finely Chopped
1/2 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
1/2 Tablespoon Pepper
1 Pound Ham, Cut Into Bite Sized Chunks
5 Cups Water
3 Tablespoons Flour
- Sort beans and soak in enough water to cover overnight.
- Rinse, drain, and place in crock-pot.
- In a food processor, add onion, celery and carrots.
- Pulse until finely chopped.
- Add onion mixture to beans.
- Add ham to beans.
- Pour water on top, season with salt & pepper.
- Stir well.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour.
- Lower heat to low and cook for 6 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Using a ladle, spoon some of the liquid out and mix w/ flour. Pour back into soup and return to high heat.
- Cook for 1 hour more (8 hours total) until thickened
If you enjoyed this post please share it!