Warm up to a bowl of this healthy and hearty Crock-Pot Italian Sausage Tuscan Bean & Kale Soup. This soup is full of flavor and fiber which comes from healthy beans, kale and other veggies!
Slow Cooker Italian Sausage Tuscan Bean & Kale Soup
It is officially soup season for us here in Wyoming. The weather is starting to turn crisp and autumn is in the air! I know it is a bit early for most of the country but really this soup is so good you don’t have to wait for cool weather.
This was a recipe was inspired by a soup that I had at a local sandwich shop that my daughter and I went to for lunch. They always have some sort of amazing “soup of the day” on the menu and when I spotted their Italian sausage and kale soup on the menu I knew I had to give it a try. I was in love!
I got home and immediately started jotting down some thoughts in my recipe notebook on how I could recreate that recipe at home in my Crock-Pot.
My first note was on the broth….it was full of flavor. Tomato based with some nice herbs and seasoning.
Italian sausage was a given….it made the soup meaty and added tons of flavor.
Kale…so healthy and I loved that the kale was not overcooked. I hate slimy kale that has been cooked down to mush!
Onions and carrots…added both flavor, a little sweetness and texture.
And then beans…the soup I had at the sandwich shop did not have any beans but I definitely think they add something good to the soup and that is why I added them in my version.
Overall I could (and did) eat bowl after bowl of this soup! The kids loved it too. I served it with a side of crusty bread from the bakery and we all loved dipping our bread in the soup.
This recipe does make quite a bit… a good 10 servings easily. But leftovers heat up well for a couple of days. Perfect for lunch!
I don’t know why I always cook such big pots of soup…well I guess I do…I have a big family! But you can easily half this recipe. The cooking time would be the same because this is a rather forgiving recipe cooking time wise.
I hope you adore this soup as much as I do!
This recipe for Crock-Pot Italian Sausage Tuscan Bean & Kale Soup is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Crock-Pot Italian Sausage Tuscan Bean and Kale Soup Recipe
- 2 Pounds Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 Small Yellow Onion (peeled and diced)
- 45 Ounces Canned Cannellini Beans (drained)
- 28 Ounces Canned Crushed Tomatoes (no salt added)
- 28 Canned Canned Diced Tomatoes (no salt added)
- 2 Cups Water
- 3 Medium Carrots (Peeled And Diced)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- ½ Teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- ½ Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ½ Teaspoon Dried Basil
- 2 Cups Chopped Kale
- In a large skillet on the stove-top cook the Italian sausage with the chopped onion and crumble the sausage. Cook until sausage is browned and onions are translucent. Drain off excess fat from sausage and add the cooked sausage and onions to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.2 Pounds Ground Italian Sausage –1 Small Yellow Onion
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the kale and stir to combine.45 Ounces Canned Cannellini Beans –28 Ounces Canned Crushed Tomatoes –28 Canned Canned Diced Tomatoes –2 Cups Water –3 Medium Carrots –3 Cloves Garlic –½ Teaspoon Fennel Seeds –½ Teaspoon Dried Oregano –½ Teaspoon Dried Basil
- Cover and cook for 6 to 8 hours on LOW.
- During the last 1/2 hour of cooking, stir the roughly chopped kale into the soup and cover and continue to cook for the remaining 30 minutes.2 Cups Chopped Kale
- Ladle soup into bowls and enjoy!