This recipe comes to us from reader Laura C. and just looks so yummy! A lot of pulled pork recipes call for bottled BBQ sauce, but not this one which make it stand out in my book! While bottled sauce is a time saver for sure, there is just no creativity to it if you know what I mean!
|Crock-Pot Easy Pulled Pork Sandwiches||
- 2 Tablespoons Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder (salt-free)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Tablespoon Apple Juice
- 1 1/4 Pound Pork Loin (I usually buy a pork loin in the bag on sale and cut into thirds or fourths to freeze for this recipe, and make sure to thaw)
- Dinner Rolls Or Hamburger Buns
- Optional For Serving: Hot Sauce, Mustard, Pickles
- Mix spices together and rub over pork.
- Put pork into a small dip-sized slow cooker, and pour apple juice over pork.
- Cover slow cooker and cook 3-4 hours (Depending on your slow cooker). The pork is done when a fork can split the meat.
- Remove pork to cutting bard, and use 2 forks to pull into shreds.
- Return the meat to the slow cooker and mix with the juices from the bottom of the crock.
- Put about 1/3 c pork onto each bun bottom. Add optional condiments, and top with the bun tops.