There is no bottled barbecue sauce in this recipe for Crock-Pot Easy Pulled Pork Sandwiches. Instead, the pork is rubbed with a simple spice mixture!
Slow Cooker Easy Pulled Pork Sandwiches
This recipe comes to us from reader Laura Cohen. and just looks so yummy! A lot of pulled pork recipes call for bottled BBQ sauce, but not this one which make it stand out in my book!
While bottled sauce is a time saver for sure, there is just no creativity to it if you know what I mean!
So, instead of a bottled barbecue sauce, this recipe features some added ingredients like apple juice, brown sugar and various spices that you should already have on hand to make a pulled pork that has a ton of flavor without being drenched in too much sauce.
Serve the pulled pork on your favorite hamburger buns or rolls for dinner or lunch paired with some chips or fries or veggies. If you are on a gluten-free diet serve this yummy pulled pork on gluten-free hamburger buns (we like Schar brand gluten-free hamburger buns!)
- 6 Quart Slow Cooker (can use a smaller slow cooker but this one is my favorite!)
- Cutting Board
Gluten Free | Low Calorie | Low Carb | Low Fat | Low Sodium | Low Sugar
This recipe for Crock-Pot Easy Pulled Pork Sandwiches is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More fantastic pulled pork recipes:
- Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork
- Crock-Pot Root Beer Pulled Pork
- Slow Cooker BBQ Beer Pulled Pork
- Crock-Pot Bourbon Bacon BBQ Pulled Pork
- Slow Cooker Sesame Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Asian Slaw
Crock-Pot Easy Pulled Pork Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar (Packed)
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 ¼ Pound Pork Loin
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Juice
- Mix spices together and rub over pork.
- Put pork into a 4 to 6 quart slow cooker and pour apple juice over pork.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours OR 6 to 8 hours on LOW or until the meat is easily shredded with a fork.
- Remove pork to a cutting board, and use 2 forks to shred meat.
- Return the meat to the slow cooker and mix with the juices from the bottom of the crock.
- Put about 1/3 c pork onto each bun bottom. Add your favorite condiments and top with the top bun.
There is no pin for the pulled pork sandwiches?
Is 2T of applesauce really the only liquid? i am worried it will not be enough
Lady Heidi says
Hi Chelsea, the recipes calls for 2 tablespoons of apple juice (not applesauce) and that really is enough liquid. As your pork cooks it will release a lot of juice on its own. In fact you could omit the apple juice all together and just put the meat in dry and it will be OK.