My husband loves getting a bowl of chili at our local Steak N Shake Restaurant, The chili has just enough beans, small pieces of meat and a good sauce. Not super spicy, but just enough for a good chili. Great with shredded cheese or onions on top, but he prefers oyster crackers in his. I made this recipe and my husband was amazed at how much it tasted just like the chili he gets at Steak N Shake. My kids used it for Chili Dogs and love it. Leftovers lasted about a day.
Crock-Pot Copycat Steak N Shake Chili
1.5-2lbs Ground Beef, cooked and drained
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
2 tablespoons Onion Powder
1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
2 Teaspoons Ground Cumin
1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
2 Teaspoons Cocoa
2 13.5oz Cans Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
1 6oz Can Tomato Paste
1 13.5oz Can Tomato Sauce
1 Cup of Cola (Pepsi, Coca Cola, RC , or store brand)
- Brown and drain hamburger on the stove.
- Add hamburger and all remaining ingredients EXCEPT beans to a bowl.
- Using a blender or an immersion blender, blend the ingredients together
- Add this to the crock-pot .
- Add in the 2 cans of drained and rinsed Kidney Beans.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
If you enjoyed this post please share it!