When I made my huge project of 10 freezer meals, I had 3 Chicken Breasts left that I needed to use up. Not quite enough to serve as whole, I decided to make some shredded Crock-Pot Chicken Fajitas to use them up. My children are not into super spicy food, so I keep the peppers to a minimum but the great thing with this recipe is it’s easy to add or subtract to what your family eats. I used my 5 quart crock-pot. This recipe will work well in the smaller crock-pot as well as larger one. Be sure to have things to garnish the fajitas like sour cream, guacamole, lettuce, tomato’s and anything else your family enjoys.
Crock-Pot Chicken Fajitas
2-3 Boneless Skinless, Chicken Breasts, Thawed
12 ounce bag of Frozen Mixed Peppers and Onion Mix
1 Can of Black Beans, Drained
1 Can of Diced Tomatoes
1 Can of Corn, Drained
2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
1 Package of Taco Seasoning (I used low sodium)
Shredded Cheese for garnish
Guacamole for garnish
Sour Cream for garnish
- I used a liner.
- Spray crock with Pam.
- Place chicken breasts at bottom of the crock.
- Dump the rest of the dry ingredients into the crock over the chicken (except tortillas and garnishments).
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Pull chicken out and shred and then add back into the mixture and stir well.
- Serve chicken with garnishments on flour tortilla’s when your ready.