This recipe for Crock-Pot Sweet & Sour Beef is super easy and we love that it can also be made into a slow cooker freezer meal. Serve the beef over rice for a meal the whole family will love!
Slow Cooker Sweet & Sour Beef
This recipe for Crock-Pot Sweet & Sour Beef is included in our 10 Easy Crock-Pot Freezer Meals Meal Plan that you can purchase in our store for just $2.99. The meal plan includes 10 great freezer meals that you can prepare ahead of time and have ready to go in your freezer. You will also get a printable grocery shopping list for all the ingredients needed to make all 10 meals as well as printable labels that you can stick on your freezer bags.
This recipe does not have to be frozen first, so if you are just wanting to cook up a delicious Asian inspired dish that you family will love, you are in the right spot. Just follow along with the recipe below.
This recipe is super easy to put together. I used three grocery store shortcuts because I am all about making life easier whenever possible.
- Stir-Fry Beef Strips – check your butcher for pre-sliced strips of beef. If your butcher does not have them, just find a nice steak (does not need to be an expensive cut here) and cut it into strips or cubes.
- Pre-Shredded Carrots – look in the produce section near the bagged salad mixes for bag of pre-shredded carrots. If not, just shred some regular full-sized carrots using a box grater or your food processor.
- Microwaveable Steamer Stir-Fry Vegetables – I usually have several bags of all kinds of frozen vegetables that you can steam right in the bag in the microwave. I used a bag of the stir-fry variety. You could cut up broccoli, snow peas and whatever kind of vegetables that you like to use in a stir-fry.
Once your beef is about 30 minutes from being done in the slow cooker, prepare your rice on the stove-top or in a rice cooker.
My oldest daughter LOVED this recipe and has specifically requested that I make it again and again for dinner.
Of which I gladly oblige!
More Beefy Crockpot Recipes To Try!
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Roast
- Crock-Pot Cheeseburger Joes
- Slow Cooker Hearty Beef and Mushroom Soup
- Crock-Pot Sweet Sloppy Joes
- Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage Dinner
Crock-Pot Sweet & Sour Beef Recipe
- 4 cups Cooked Rice
- 16 ounces Frozen Stir Fry Vegetables
- Place the beef, shredded carrots and onions in a 6 quart or larger slow cooker. Add the sweet and sour sauce and mix into the rest of the mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- About 30 minutes before the slow cooker is done cooking start cooking your rice on the stove top or in a rice cooker.
- Cook stir fry veggies in either the microwave or stove top.
- Serve the beef with the sauce and vegetables over cooked rice and enjoy!
- Place all ingredients (except rice & stir-fry vegetables) into a gallon sized zippered freezer bag.
- Lay bag flat on counter and squeeze out as much air as possible and seal.
- Label bag with name of recipe, date prepared, ingredients and cooking instructions.
- Lay bag flat in your freezer until frozen solid. You can then arrange the frozen bag upright in your freezer if you like.
- To thaw place bag in refrigerator overnight OR place in a clean kitchen sink and cover with cool water for several hours until partially thawed. You only need the bag to thaw enough to easily remove the contents from the bag and put them in the slow cooker.
- Cook recipe from the partially thawed state for 7 to 9 hours on LOW.
- Prepare rice on stove-top or in rice cooker 30 minutes before serving. Cook frozen stir-fry vegetables according to package directions.