So in gearing up for the celebration fo Cinco de Mayo, I did a Crock-Pot Chicken Tacos recipe. Honestly we had never had chicken taco’s before, but we all enjoyed them, and I have so much chicken left over, that it’s back in the freezer so I can use it in my next crock-pot recipe.
2 Pounds of Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 Medium Chopped Onion
1 Green Pepper Chopped (optional)
2 Cups of Salsa
1 Packet of Taco Seasoning
Tortillas or Taco Shells
- I used a liner.
- Sprayed the bottom and sides with Pam.
- Put the chicken breasts at the bottom of the crock.
- In a Separate Bowl mix Salsa, Onions, Green Peppers and Taco Seasoning, until well mixed.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cook for 8 hours on low or 5 hours on High.
- Check to make sure the chicken is done.
- Scoop the chicken out of the crock, shred with 2 forks.
- You may want to add some of the cooked onion, peppers and sauce from the crock, or you could use more salsa if you wish to liven it up (depending on your taste).
- Put it in your tortillas or taco shells and garnish as desired.
Linked up at Couponing & Cooking