This cheesy Crock-Pot Cowboy Grub dip is loaded with bacon, sausage, tomatoes, chilies, green onions and the perfect spices. Grab some chips and dip on in!
Slow Cooker Cowboy Grub
I love a good cheesy dip and this recipe that is loaded up with all sorts of goodies like bacon, sausage, diced tomatoes, green chiles, green onions, and the perfect blend of simple spices is pretty hard to resist.
So grab a bag of your favorite tortilla chips or pita chips (or maybe some cut up veggies if you want to pretend this dip is healthy) and dip on into this warm, ooey-gooey cheesy dip!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Cowboy Grub Recipe:
- 4 Quart, 4.5 Quart Or 5 Quart Slow Cooker – The best sized slow cooker for this dip. If you have a larger slow cooker you can cook it inside an oven-proof bowl inside your slow cooker.
- Medium Skillet – For cooking the bacon and sausage on the stove top.
- Wooden Spoon – To stir the bacon and crumble the sausage while cooking.
- Knife – To cut the bacon and green onions.
- Cutting Board – To use while cutting the bacon and green onions.
- Liquid Measuring Cup – To measure out the milk.
- Can Opener – To open the can of RoTel diced tomatoes with green chilies.
- Measuring Spoons – To measure out the cumin, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Paper Towels – Place on a plate to drain the cooked bacon on.
Can I Add More Chiles To Make This Dip Spicier?
You sure can! If you like your dip a little on the spicier side you can add 4 to 8 ounces of canned fire roasted diced green chilies or jalapenos. For a mild spice go with the green chilies and for a hotter spice go for the jalapenos. You can use fresh jalapenos but they won’t really be cooked through in the time it takes for the cheese to melt in the dip. That is why I prefer using the canned variety.
What Can I Use If I Cannot Find The Mexican Variety Of Velveeta Cheese?
If you can’t find the Mexican variety of Velveeta you can just use the regular plain flavor as is or add some canned diced green chilies.
Is There Any Substitution For The Velveeta Cheese?
Velveeta (AKA American Processed Cheese) melts great in a slow cooker and really gives a great creamy cheesy taste and texture to this dip. However, if you are really opposed to using Velveeta or cannot find it where you live you can use 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese and 8 ounces of cream cheese and you should still get a nice creamy dip in your slow cooker. It won’t be quite the same but close enough.
More Fantastic Slow Cooker Dips!
- Crock-Pot Skinny Spinach Dip
- Slow Cooker Ham and Swiss Dip
- Crock-Pot Cheesy Chicken Dip
- Slow Cooker Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- Crock-Pot Easy Taco Dip
|Dip Crock-Pot Recipes||Velveeta Slow Cooker Recipes|
|Bacon Slow Cooker Recipes||Sausage Crock-Pot Recipes|
|Game Day Crock-Pot Recipes||American Slow Cooker Recipes|