Cola acts as a fantastic meat tenderizer to your beef pot roast in this delicious & easy 5 ingredient recipe for Crock-Pot Cola Roast! A great easy dinner!
Crock-Pot Cola Roast
The addition of some cola soda (pop?) to a beef pot roast in the slow cooker is magical!
The cola tenderizes the meat while it cooks all day in the slow cooker and adds a lovely sweetness to the roast that is really nice.
The sweetness factor is not super sweet but it is there.
I used two cans of Coca-Cola but you can use whatever brand of cola soda you prefer such as Pepsi, RC Cola, even generic will work too.
My family really loves this pot roast recipe and how tender the beef comes out. I love that I can just do a little prep work in the morning (cut the onions and potatoes mostly) and toss everything in the slow cooker and let it cook away while I go about my day.
A lovely no fuss dinner!
- Beef Pot Roast – I used a beef chuck pot roast at about 2 lbs. You can do a roast that is anywhere from 2 to 3 pounds since large cuts of beef don’t come in perfectly equal pounds. You can also use other cuts of beef pot roast.
- Yellow Onion – Peeled and diced
- Cola Soda – Use 2 (12 oz.) can of whatever regular cola soda you prefer. I don’t recommend using diet cola.
- Russet Potatoes – Scrubbed and each potato cut into quarters. No need to peel them unless you want to.
- Garlic Salt
- Black Pepper
- Tenderize the beef roast by piercing it all over with the tines of a sturdy fork.
- Season the roast with garlic salt and black pepper on all sides, rubbing the seasoning into the meat with your hands.
- Place cut onion in the bottom of a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Set roast on on top of onions.
- Add potatoes to the slow cooker.
- Pour the cola soda over the meat.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or until the roast is fully cooked and tender.
More Tasty Beef Slow Cooker Recipes!
- Crock-Pot Beef Fajitas
- Slow Cooker Beef Sandwiches
- Crock-Pot Beef Scotch Broth
- Slow Cooker Short Ribs
- Crock-Pot Pot Roast with Onions
|Beef Crock-Pot Recipes||Pot Roast Slow Cooker Recipes|
|5 Ingredients Or Less Slow Cooker Recipes||Entrees Crock-Pot Recipes|
|American Crock-Pot Recipes||6 Quart Slow Cooker Recipes|