Enjoy this warm and gooey Crock-Pot Artichoke Dip on bread slices, crackers or veggies. Artichoke dip is so easy to prepare and only takes about an hour to cook!
Crock-Pot Artichoke Dip
Here is a delicious recipe sent into us by reader Candace Laviolette for a warm and gooey artichoke dip made up in the slow cooker. Perfect for entertaining or just snacking!
Because of the addition of diced jalapeno peppers and pepper jack cheese, this artichoke dip does have a bit of a ZIP to it which I personally LOVE. But if you want to tone the spice level down just omit the jalapeno pepper and use 4 cups of shredded Monterey Jack cheese instead.
Classically this artichoke dip is served with slices or hunks of a nice crusty Italian style bread. But if you desire some crunch to go with this warm and cheesy dip try pita chips or cut up vegetables such as carrot sticks, celery sticks, mini bell pepper halves or jicama sticks.
So yummy and tasty!
- Canned Artichoke Hearts – Look for canned artichoke hearts that are packed in water (not oil) and drain off the liquid before adding them to the slow cooker.
- Monterey Jack Cheese – Shred your own Monterey Jack cheese if possible.
- Pepper Jack Cheese – – Shred your own Pepper Jack cheese if possible.
- Cream Cheese – Before making this dip set your cream cheese out on the counter for an hour or so to let it soften up before using.
- Half & Half – You can also use heavy whipping cream for a richer dip or whole milk for a less rich dip.
- Green Onion – You will need about half a cup of diced green onions (both the green and white parts) for this recipe. 3 to 4 whole green onions should yield you that amount once diced.
- Jalapeño Peppers – This recipe calls for 1 tablespoon of diced jalapeño peppers. That should be about 1 medium sized fresh jalapeño pepper once diced. If you would like your dip to be more spicy feel free to add more jalapeño pepper and if you would like it to be less spicy you can omit it altogether.
- Add all ingredients to a 3 to 5 quart slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 30 minutes to 1 hour, stirring twice during cooking time.
- Dip is done when all of the cheeses are melted and gooey.
- Turn slow cooker to WARM to serve straight from the slow cooker OR spoon dip into a serving bowl.
- Serve with bread, vegetables, pita chips or crackers.
- 3 Quart Slow Cooker (Or Larger)
- Can Opener
- Cheese Grater
- Measuring Cups
- Cutting Board
- Wooden Spoon
Check out these popular slow cooker dip recipes too!
- Crock-Pot Cream Cheese Taco Dip + Video
- Slow Cooker Crab Rangoon Dip + Video
- Crock-Pot Queso Blanco Dip + Video
- Slow Cooker Warm Spinach Dip + Video
- Crock-Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
|Dip Crock-Pot Recipes||Artichoke Slow Cooker Recipes|
|Game Day Slow Cooker Recipes||Easy Crock-Pot Recipes|
|3 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes||Party Food Slow Cooker Recipes|