Your party guests will be coming back for more and more of this creamy cheesy recipe for Crock-Pot Southern Sausage Cheese Dip. Italian sausage, corn, Ro-Tel tomatoes and Velveeta cheese make for a cheesy dip perfect for serving with your favorite chips, toasted bread of cut up vegetables.
Slow Cooker Southern Sausage Cheese Dip
My kids and I do a lot of Sunday nights hanging out with good friends and watching whatever is popular on the television that night. I always bring something that everyone can enjoy and that will stay warm in a slow cooker.
This Sunday, my choice was a cheese dip. My local grocery store ran a once a year sale on Velveeta cheese logs. The boxes were $1.50 each. I HAD to grab a few. The processed cheese is shelf stable and I hate buying it for almost $8 each when it is regular price. I just could not pass up on this deal!
My friends are used to me bringing my latest slow cooker creation or attempt at a recipe. Today was dip with fresh garden picked corn that I canned this summer and sweet Italian sausage crumbles. Mixed with cream cheese and melted Velveeta cheese.
Little kernels of corn mixed in each chip dip. The corn adds a little sweetness to each bite.
Definitely a great dip to make for a gathering. One that everyone will love.
Dip On Into These Tasty Crockpot Dips Too!
- Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Taco Dip + Video
- Crock-Pot Caramel Dip
- Slow Cooker Velveeta Queso Dip
- Crock-Pot Hot Mushroom Dip
- Slow Cooker Sausage Dip
Crock-Pot Southern Sausage Cheese Dip Recipe
- 1 pound Sweet Italian Sausage (cooked, crumbed and drained)
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese (cubed)
- 16 ounces Velveeta Cheese (cubed)
- 2 cups Corn Kernels (fresh, frozen or canned (drained if using canned))
- 10 ounces Canned Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles (drained)
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- On the stove top, cook the sausage. Drain and drippings.
- Add the sausage and the remaining ingredients to a 4 to 5 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours. Stirring occasionally.
- Serve on Warm or in a separate bowl with chips or toasted bread.
Leave a Reply