With just a handful of simple ingredients and your trusty slow cooker you can make this delicious Crock-Pot Pumpkin Spice Monkey Bread today for dessert!
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Monkey Bread
If you love the flavors of pumpkin spice everything then you are doing to ADORE this amazing and simple recipe for Pumpkin Spice Monkey Bread that is made right in your slow cooker!
We start this recipe with cut up canned refrigerated biscuits, this ingredient makes this recipe super duper easy. However, if you want to make your own dough there is a recipe for that a little bit further down the page.
The dough bits are then dipped in melted butter and tossed in a yummy sugar and pumpkin spice/cinnamon mixture that is to die for.
Then, everything is cooked in a Crock-Pot until done.
The result, if a warm ooey gooey dessert (or snack) that is perfect for fall!
You are going to want to make this easy crockpot recipe today! Promise.
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Pumpkin Spice Monkey Bread Recipe:
- 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Gallon Sized Zippered Food Storage Bags
- Dry Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Cutting Board
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Microwave Safe Bowl Or Small Saucepan
Frequently Asked Questions
While all of our recipes here at Crock-Pot Ladies are tested and developed for either a slow cooker or a Crock-Pot Express pressure cooker some of our recipe can indeed be cooked in the oven instead of a slow cooker.
To cook this recipe in the oven simply place the butter and sugar coated biscuit pieces into a bundt or tube pan and bake at 350°F for 30 to 40 minutes or until the dough is cooked through.
If you want to make your own homemade bread dough and skip the use of canned refrigerated biscuits you sure could do that.
From Scratch Monkey Bread Dough Recipe
– 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, Melted
– 1 Cup Warm Milk (About 110° F or 43°C)
– 1/3 Cup Warm Water (About 110° F or 43°C)
– 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
– 2 1/4 Teaspoons Instant Yeast
– 3 1/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
– 2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
– In a large glass measuring cup, mix together the milk, water, butter, sugar and yeast.
– In a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, mix together the flour and salt.
– Turn the stand mixer to low and slowly add the milk mixture.
– Once the dough comes together, increase the speed to medium and mix until the dough is smooth and shiny (about 6 to 7 minutes).
– If the dough is too wet add more flour 1 tablespoon at a time until it comes together. If the dough is too dry, add water, 1 tablespoons at a time.
– Coat a large mixing bowl with non-stick cooking spray.
– Place the dough in the prepared bowl and turn to lightly coat with cooking spray.
– Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rise until doubled (1 to 2 hours).
– Divide dough into walnut sized balls and proceed with the recipe as written below.
If you want to be a little extra and add some icing to your cooked monkey bread simply mixing together a quick cream cheese glaze and drizzling that over your monkey bread before serving.
Cream Cheese Glaze Recipe
– 4 Ounces Softened Cream Cheese
– 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
– 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
– 3 To 4 Tablespoons Milk
– With a hand mixer or wire whisk beat the cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl until smooth.
– Beat in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
– Add three tablespoons of milk and beat, adding in more milk if needed to reach the desired constancy to drizzle.
More Dessert Recipes You Don’t Want To Miss!
Crock-Pot Pumpkin Spice Monkey Bread Recipe
- In a gallon sized zipped plastic food storage bag combine the granulated sugar, pumpkin pie spice and ground cinnamon. Seal the bag and shake to combine.
- Cut each biscuit into quarters and place the pieces, a few at a time, into the plastic bag. Seal and shake the bag to coat each piece of dough in the sugar mixture.
- Spray a 6 quart or larger slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt the butter in either a microwave safe bowl or in a saucepan on the stove-top.
- Add in the brown sugar and stir until the sugar is melted into the butter.
- Pour half of the butter and brown sugar mixture into the bottom of the prepared slow cooker.
- Add the sugar and spice coated dough bits evenly into the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the remaining sugar mixture from the bag evenly over the top of the dough bits.
- Pour the remaining butter and brown sugar mixture over the top of everything.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours or until the monkey bread is cooked through in the middle.
- Serve warm and enjoy!