This easy recipe for Crock-Pot Green Chili Chicken Enchilada Soup is delicious! Top with cilantro or green onions, sour cream & fresh lime juice for a healthy and tasty soup everyone will love!
Slow Cooker Green Chili Chicken Enchilada Soup
I love a good creamy soup but since I am on Weight Watchers I know just how many points can be added to soups to make them creamy. Enter fat free cream cheese (I use Philadelphia brand) and you can get that creamy texture you are craving without a bunch of added fat.
This green enchilada soup is super easy to make with barely any prep-time involved. Just add your boneless skinless chicken breasts to the slow cooker, open a couple of cans of beans (drain and rinse those) and green enchilada sauce, measure out a few spices and let things cook away for several hours. Once the chicken is cooked pull it out and shred the meat. Then add some fat free cream cheese (you can of course use regular full-fat cream cheese if you are not watching your waistline) and let it get melt-y in the slow cooker. Then all you need to do is stir that melted cream cheese into the soup and you have something warm and creamy and delicious!
I like to top individual bowls of soup with a little fresh cilantro (or green onion for those that think cilantro tastes like soap), sour cream (or fat free Greek yogurt) and a squeeze of lime juice which just brings a pop of flavor and takes this soup over the moon!
This recipe makes a generous 8 servings. But leftovers heat up well all week long so you can have easy to warm up 1 point soup for lunch all week long!
This recipe for Crock-Pot Green Chili Chicken Enchilada Soup is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Crock-Pot Green Chili Chicken Enchilada Soup Recipe
- 1 pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 30 ounces Canned Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 15 ounces Canned Navy Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 10 ounces Canned Green Enchilada Sauce
- 8 ounces Canned Green Chilies
- 4 teaspoons Ground Chili Powder
- 2 cups Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- 1 tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Ground Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 8 ounces Fat Free Cream Cheese (cubed (may also use regular cream cheese))
- Add all ingredients except cream cheese to a 5 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours.
- Remove cooked chicken from slow cooker and place on a plate or cutting board. Shred chicken meat using two forks and add back into slow cooker.
- Add cubed cream cheese to slow cooker and recover with lid. Allow cream cheese to fully melt for about 20 to 30 minutes and then stir to distribute melted cream cheese into soup.