Your family will love the this recipe for Crock-Pot Cinnamon Sweet Roll Casserole. It’s gooey, delicious & easy to make in your slow cooker for breakfast!
Slow Cooker Cinnamon Sweet Roll Casserole
This easy recipe was a huge hit with my family when I made it for brunch one Sunday morning. Because it uses refrigerated cinnamon rolls it comes together super quick in your slow cooker.
The cinnamon roll dough is cut into bite sized pieces, much like you would for a monkey bread, and then a custard is created with eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla. Then, to take this recipe over the top, chopped pecans are added on top to give everything a lovey crunch.
You just cook this casserole for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours until the dough is done.
We served this sweet roll casserole with scrambled eggs, cooked bacon and sausage and delicious orange juice for a brunch that was memorable and yummy.
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Cinnamon Sweet Roll Casserole Recipe:
- 3.5 Quart Casserole Slow Cooker OR 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Mixing Bowl
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoons
- Cutting Board
- Aluminum Foil Or Parchment Paper
Frequently Asked Questions
What Kind Of Cinnamon Rolls Are Best To Use In This Casserole?
In this recipe we used 2 (8 count) cans of refrigerated Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls. You of course can use another brand of refrigerated canned cinnamon rolls such as Annie’s Organic Cinnamon Rolls, Immaculate Baking Organic Cinnamon Rolls, or your grocery’s generic brand.
Can I Omit The Pecans If I Am Allergic To Nuts?
If you have a nut allergy you can easily leave out the chopped pecans. Of course be sure to read the ingredient list on whatever brand of canned cinnamon rolls you decide to use to make sure they too are nut free or not processed in a facility that handles nuts.
Can I Use A Dairy-Free Milk In This Recipe?
You can use 1/2 cup of your favorite dairy-free milk alternative in this recipe instead of the 1/2 cup of milk. And because this is a sweet recipe you can even use a sweetened and/or vanilla flavored dairy-free milk and it will still come out great. So go ahead and use almond milk, coconut milk, soy milk, hemp milk, oat milk or whatever brand of of milk you like!
More Fantastic Crockpot Breakfasts!
- Crock-Pot Ham and Cheese Quiche
- Slow Cooker Strawberries & Cream Oatmeal
- Crock-Pot Sausage Bake
- Slow Cooker Fresh Breakfast Bake
- Crock-Pot French Toast Casserole
- 35 Crock-Pot Christmas Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Kid Friendly Slow Cooker Recipes
Crock-Pot Cinnamon Sweet Roll Casserole Recipe
- Line the bottom of a 3.5 quart casserole slow cooker OR a 6 quart or larger slow cooker with aluminum foil or parchment paper to prevent sticking and make it easier to remove.
- Melt the butter in the microwave or on the stove-top and pour into bottom of slow cooker.
- Open your refrigerated sweet rolls and set the Icing aside for later.
- Cut each sweet roll into 4 equal pieces.
- Place the sweet roll pieces into the slow cooker, covering all open spots.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Pour the egg mixture over the sweet roll pieces in the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans on top (optional).
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours or until the middle is no longer doughy and springs back to the touch.
- Using the foil or parchment paper, lift out the cinnamon roll casserole and place on a platter.
- Heat your icing containers in the microwave for 15 seconds (might have to do twice), but be careful so you do not melt the containers.
- Pour the icing over the sweet rolls.
- Serve and enjoy!