Perfect for parties this delicious Crock-Pot Corn, Bacon & Jalapeño Popper Dip is full of Mexican flavor and as spicy as you like it!
Slow Cooker Corn, Bacon & Jalapeño Popper Dip
This week my local grocery store had jalapeño peppers on sale 3 for $1.00 and so I picked up a couple and decided to make a yummy new dip recipe out of them. I grabbed a bag of frozen corn, some thick cut bacon, a package of cream cheese, some garlic, taco seasoning, onion powder, Monterey Jack cheese and diced up some jalapeño peppers nice and small and threw them in the Crock-Pot.
The bacon I got from Zaycon Fresh a couple of weeks ago, and when I got that big package of 36 pounds of bacon I packaged it up into smaller servings on about half of it and the other half I cooked up in my oven in several batches, laid that bacon out on paper towels and stuck the pre-cooked bacon in freezer bags so that I could have already cooked bacon ready to go for recipes just like this.
If you don’t have bacon already cooked and ready to go, that is going to be your first step…cook the bacon…in the oven is my favorite way, but a frying pan on the stove top works too.
Then everything else just gets dumped in the slow cooker.
Because I was serving this dip to my family I only used 1 jalapeño pepper and it had almost zero heat. Even my 7 year old grandson said he wanted more spice. So if you want it more spicy use more jalapeño pepper. I made this recipe again for a get together with friends several days later and upped the jalapeño pepper to 3 peppers and it was just right for my taste buds. The flavor and spice was there…but my mouth wasn’t burning. So I am putting this recipe at 1 to 3 jalapeño peppers…if you are brave…add more. If you like it nice and mild…1 to 2 peppers.
Once it is all nice, hot and melty…grab a bag of your favorite chips to dip into this yummy dip. We liked the Tostitos Scoops for this dip, they hold this nice and chunky dip just great without breaking.
Nutrition information based of using Neufchâtel cheese and 3 jalapeño peppers.
This recipe for Crock-Pot Corn & Bacon Jalapeño Popper Dip is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Check Out These Fantastic Dips Too!
- Crock-Pot Cheesy Bacon Onion Dip
- Slow Cooker Velveeta Queso Dip
- Crock-Pot Cheesy Artichoke Crab Dip
- Slow Cooker Caramel Dip
- Crock-Pot Southern Sausage Cheese Dip
Crock-Pot Corn, Bacon & Jalapeño Popper Dip Recipe
- 10 slices Thick Sliced Center Cut Bacon
- 26 ounces Frozen Corn Kernels
- 8 ounces Neufchâtel Cheese (or cream cheese, cut into chunks)
- 8 ounces Reduced Fat Monterey Jack Cheese (shredded)
- 1 – 3 whole Fresh Jalapeño Peppers (cut in half, seeds removed and finely diced)
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- ½ teaspoon Low Sodium Taco Seasoning Mix (I used my homemade taco seasoning mix)
- ¼ teaspoon Onion Powder
- Cook the bacon either on the stove top in a frying pan or in the oven till it is nice and crispy. Drain the bacon fat off and roughly chop the cooked bacon.
- Add the cooked bacon, frozen corn, neufchâtel cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, diced jalapeño peppers, garlic, taco seasoning and onion powder to a 4 to 5 quart slow cooker.
- Give everything a quick stir to distribute everything around in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours or on HIGH for 3 hours, stirring halfway through the cooking time. Cook until the corn is hot and the cheeses have melted.
- Once cooked give everything another stir, turn your slow cooker to the WARM setting for up to 4 hours and serve dip with your favorite chips.