With just three ingredients (chicken legs, barbecue sauce and honey) this recipe for Crock-Pot Chicken Honey BBQ Drumsticks is sure to please everyone!
Slow Cooker Chicken Honey BBQ Drumsticks
This recipe for Crock-Pot Chicken Honey BBQ Drumsticks is included in our new 10 Crock-Pot Easy Freezer Meals. If you are coming to this page first and are interested in doing freezer meals, start here. This recipe does NOT have to be frozen first, if you are wanting to do this recipe by itself, then stay on this page and we will go from here.
3 simple ingredients are involved with this recipe. Very easy and versatile. You can make this for dinner, or for a party, and double if necessary. I would use fresh chicken, instead of frozen, before putting it together (if your planning on making the 10 frozen meals). Also be sure this is totally thawed before placing in the crock-pot so the outer chicken will not cook too fast vs. the chicken next to the bone. My kids were quite excited to have a meal that was totally drumsticks as that is their favorite cut of chicken. They keep asking me when I’m going to cook it again.
Crock-Pot Chicken Honey BBQ Drumsticks Recipe
- 12 Whole Chicken Drumsticks (Fresh, Not Frozen)
- 18 Ounces Tangy BBQ Sauce ((Use A Gluten Free Brand Of BBQ Sauce If You Are On A Gluten Free Diet))
- ¼ Cup Honey
- In a small bowl, mix together the BBQ sauce and honey.
- Place drumsticks in a 5 quart or larger crock-pot and spread the BBQ/honey mixture all over them.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours. Do not overcook. Chicken is done when it reaches 180°F on a meat thermometer.
Crock-Pot Freezer Meal Instructions:
- Write instructions on freezer bags with a sharpie
- Place fresh drumsticks in Ziploc freezer bag (I would suggest, not using slider, and I would use a brand name).
- Mix the honey and BBQ Sauce in a bowl and then pour over the drumsticks.
- Squish around the BBQ Sauce around the chicken.
- Lay flat, and squeeze out as much water as possible.
- Lay as flat as possible while freezing.
- If you are doubling recipe/I would use 2 bags.
- Be sure this is completely thawed before cooking/and squeeze all the sauce onto the chicken.