Enjoy this super simple and kid friendly recipe for Crock-Pot Cheeseburger Joes. Sort of like Sloppy Joes, only cheesy and so very yummy!
Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Joes
I was cleaning out my fridge (gross) and came across a 1/2 of a block of Velveeta cheese. For the life of me I cannot recall what I made with the other half, but I vaguely remember a recent kitchen memory of me cooking with my 15 year old and she was cutting 1/2 a block of Velveeta.
It was wrapped properly and quite frankly I don’t think that stuff ever expires….
But I digress. I needed to come up with a recipe to use up that half a block of the orange gooey cheese. I know not everyone is a fan of Velveeta but hey, I am. So there!
So, I whipped up this mighty tasty (if I do say so myself) recipe that I like to call Cheeseburger Joes.
They are like Sloppy Joes only not so tomatoey (is that a word? Probably not). They are still sloppy though and taste mighty good. My 7 year old son Liam LOVES himself a cheeseburger and he LOVED this recipe and had 2 big ol honkin’ sandwiches.
I served it with some baked beans on the side. It was delish!
This is a recipe that does not actually take very long to cook in the slow cooker. You just need to cook it long enough to melt the cheese and let the flavors meld together a bit. I started mine mid afternoon and it was done by dinner time. Unless you set a timer or have someone put the crock on in the afternoon this is not a good recipe for starting in the morning and having dinner at night. But for a day when you are home this works. I could totally see me throwing everything in the crock in the morning, stashing it in the fridge then calling home to have the teen put it in the crock-pot base and turning it on.
Anyways…try it, it’s good and cheesy!
This recipe for Crock-Pot Cheeseburger Joes is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Beefy Slow Cooker Recipes To Check Out!
- Crock-Pot Mississippi Roast
- Slow Cooker Taco Junk
- Crock-Pot Shredded Beef Chimichangas
- Slow Cooker Western Beef Casserole + Video
- Crock-Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage Dinner
Crock-Pot Cheeseburger Joes Recipe
- In a large skillet add the ground beef, diced onion and diced bell pepper and cook until the meat is browned, crumbled and no longer pink.
- Drain meat to remove fat.
- Add the cooked meat mixture to a 4 to 6 quart slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2 to 4 hours or until all the cheese is melted and the vegetables are tender.
- Serve on your favorite hamburger buns or rolls.
Linked up at: The Pin Junkie