Enjoy this hearty recipe for Crock-Pot Biscuit and Bacon Breakfast Casserole that is filled with yummy ingredients like bacon, cheese, peppers & more! A great family breakfast that works well for guests too for either breakfast or brunch!
Slow Cooker Biscuit and Bacon Breakfast Casserole
We love making breakfast casseroles in our slow cookers because you can do all the prep work the night before, mix your casserole up and have everything ready to to turn on the slow cooker in the morning.
This recipe for Biscuit and Bacon Breakfast Casserole starts with a base of canned refrigerated biscuits and then we added cooked bacon, tomatoes, green bell peppers, cheese and few other ingredients.
But what I love about this recipe is that it is super versatile…don’t like bacon? Use sausage instead. Like a little heat use Pepper Jack cheese instead of cheddar or throw in some diced jalapeno peppers. You can use different colored bell peppers (red and green would be super festive!), you could add mushrooms. Mix it up to how you like!
The possibilities are endless!
This recipe cooks on the HIGH setting for 3 to 4 hours. So you will want to either wake up early to get this one started in the slow cooker or plan on having it a little later in the day for brunch. You can also fully cook it ahead of time and just rewarm it. We don’t however recommend cooking it on the LOW setting for longer periods overnight. The biscuits tend to get too mushy.
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Biscuit and Bacon Breakfast Casserole
- 5 Quart, 5.5 Quart, 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart
- Mixing Bowl
- Cutting Board
- Dry Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
Frequently Asked Questions
This breakfast casserole is easily made dairy free by simply using dairy free vegan cheese and your favorite unsweetened/unflavored dairy free milk (almond, soy, hemp, etc). Pillsbury Grands biscuits are dairy free (at the time of this writing) but there are other brands that are dairy free too.
If bacon is not your thing, feel free to either omit it or you can use cooked and crumbled breakfast sausage or diced ham in this biscuit breakfast casserole.
Because this website is dedicated to showcasing all of the wonderful foods that you can cook in a slow cooker, as a rule, we do not test our recipes using other baking methods. However, we have tested this recipe in the oven. To bake this recipe in the oven preheat your oven to 350° F (180° C), prepare the casserole in aa 9x13x2 inch (33 x 23 x 5 cm) baking dish and cook for 25 to 30 minutes or until the biscuits are cooked and the egg mixture is no longer runny,
This recipe for Crock-Pot Biscuit and Bacon Breakfast Casserole is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Slow Cooker Breakfast Casseroles To Try!
- 5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 5.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 7 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Christmas Recipes
- Easter Recipes
- Kid Friendly Crock-Pot Recipes
- Fall Recipes
- Pork Crock-Pot Recipes
- Spring Recipes
- Summer Recipes
- Winter Recipes
Crock-Pot Biscuit and Bacon Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- In a bowl, mix chopped and cooked bacon, eggs, cheddar cheese, milk, tomato and bell pepper until well combined and the eggs are scrambled.
- Open the can of refrigerated biscuits and cut each single biscuit into 4 equal parts.
- Drop the cut biscuits into the egg/milk mixture.
- Fold the biscuits into the mixture until biscuits are well covered with the mixture.
- Spray the inside of of a 5 quart or larger slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the biscuit and egg mixture into slow cooker, spreading evenly over the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours or until the biscuits are cooked through and no longer doughy and the egg mixture is cooked in the center.
- Serve, topping each individual serving with additional cheese if desired.