Your family will love this easy to make recipe for Crock-Pot Beef Stroganoff (with gluten free options). Not only is this super simple to make, it also has no “cream of whatever” soup in it like you will find in many slow cooker recipes for beef stroganoff.
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
My family loves beef stroganoff and when this recipe is prepared in the slow cooker the meat turns out super tender and the sauce, just awesome flavor!
The sour cream and dill just bring a great punch of flavor and the tender beef and mushrooms are my favorite part.
I like to serve beef stroganoff over egg noodles because to me, that is the classic way to serve it. But you can also serve it over rice or even mashed potatoes. If you are on a low carb diet, skip the starch and just eat the recipe as is.
It is super tasty and if there are leftovers they make a great lunch for the next day!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Beef Stroganoff:
Frequently Asked Questions
Red wine vinegar in this recipe adds a touch of brightness to the dish. If you don’t have any on hand you can use a little apple cider or distilled white vinegar or you can omit it.
This recipe already has 1 cup of beef broth and as it cooks the beef, mushrooms and onion will release their own cooking liquid to make more liquid for the sauce which is then enhanced at the end with sour cream.
We do not measure or weight out serving sizes. The nutrition information is calculated based on 1/6th of the recipe.
This recipe for Crock-Pot Beef Stroganoff is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Great Beef Slow Cooker Recipes To Love!
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 7 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Beef Crock-Pot Recipes
- Entrée Recipes
- Fall Recipes
- Winter Recipes
Crock-Pot Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- 1 Pound Beef Stew Meat
- 1 Cup Low Sodium Beef Broth
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 8 Ounces Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (diced)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ⅛ Teaspoon Dried Dill
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 Teaspoons Xanthan Gum ((to thicken) or you can also use 2 ½-3 tsp arrowroot or 2 tsp cornstarch)
- In a 6 quart or larger slow cooker add beef stew meat, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, mushrooms, onion, garlic, salt, pepper and dill. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours.
- Remove lid from slow cooker and add sour cream and Dijon mustard and stir well to mix.
- Next, sprinkle xanthan gum on top of the sauce and allow 5-10 minutes to thicken.
- Stir and serve over cooked egg noodles (gluten free if you’re on a GF diet), rice or mashed potatoes.