This healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipe for Crock-Pot Beef and Sweet Potato Soup features tender chunks of sweet potatoes & beef in a hearty broth.
Slow Cooker Beef and Sweet Potato Soup
If you are looking for a healthy soup that is easy to make, look no further than this hearty soup filled with tender chunks of beef stew meat, sweet potatoes and other yummy vegetables. All swimming in a rich beefy broth.
This soup is great for dinner or lunch. Paired with a fresh garden salad and some crusty bread or rolls for sopping up the broth.
Perfection in a bowl!
This soup is one of my favorites in the fall when I just need something hearty and tasty that will warm you up from the inside out!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Beef and Sweet Potato Soup Recipe:
- 5 Quart, 5.5 Quart, 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Measuring Spoons
- Large Skillet
- Wooden Spoon
- Cutting Board
- Liquid Measuring Cup
Gluten Free | Low Calorie | Low Fat | Low Sugar
This recipe for Crock-Pot Beef and Sweet Potato Soup is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Amazing Slow Cooker Soups!
Crock-Pot Kale Soup
Enjoy a big bowl of this healthy Slow Cooker Kale Soup for dinner or lunch. Filled with healthy kale, beans and turkey kielbasa this recipe hits the spot!
Crock-Pot Cheesy Broccoli and Rice Soup
A great meal for a cold winter day this recipe for Slow Cooker Cheesy Broccoli and Rice Soup is an easy, filling soup that your family will love!
Crock-Pot Sausage Cheese Tortellini Soup
Creamy & tasty, this recipe for Slow Cooker Sausage Cheese Tortellini Soup is a great dinner and full of Italian flavors with cheesy tortellini & sausage!
Crock-Pot Cheese, Beer & Bratwurst Soup + Video
Warm up to a big hearty bowl of this steamy and filling Slow Cooker Cheese, Beer & Bratwurst Soup. Perfect for any cold winter or fall day!
- 5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 5.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 7 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Beef Crock-Pot Recipes
- Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
Crock-Pot Beef and Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
- 1 Pound Beef Stew Meat
- ¼ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic (Peeled And Minced)
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes (Peeled And Cut Into 1/2 Inch Chunks)
- 2 Ribs Celery (Diced)
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (Peeled And Diced)
- 1 Medium Carrot (Peeled And Diced)
- 8 Ounces White Button Mushrooms (Quartered)
- 4 Cups Low-Sodium Beef Stock
- ½ Cup Dry Red Wine (*See Note)
- 4 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 1 Large Bay Leaf
- Season beef stew meat with salt and pepper and set aside while you heat a large skillet on the stove-top.
- Once pan is hot, add olive oil and then the seasoned meat. Cook meat, stirring occasionally until the meat is browned on all sides, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the browned meat to a 5 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker, placing the fresh thyme and bay leaf on top so that they are easy to remove later.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove thyme and bay leaf and discard.
- Taste soup and season with additional salt and pepper if desired.
I don’t mean to be picky, but how big/much is medium?
Emilee @ CrockPotLadies says
I would say about the size of your hand? Hope that helps!