Warm up to a big hearty bowl of this steamy and filling Crock-Pot Cheese, Beer & Bratwurst Soup. Perfect for any cold winter or fall day!
Slow Cooker Cheese, Beer & Bratwurst Soup
My husband and I were discussing our Super Bowl of Soup Challenge and I was disappointed that I could not enter a recipe in the challenge, but we both agreed that would not be fair to enter in our own contest. But IF I was going to enter a soup recipe what would that soup be? What sort of soup just speaks “Super Bowl” to me?
I had no clue because, sorry, I don’t watch football.
So, we started knocking about some ideas and we both agreed…cheese soup – Super Bowl is in February and cheese soup is warm and hearty. But what should go with the cheese? And we thought beer (Super Bowl and beer just go hand in hand right) so then we thought brats.
I was like um yeah BRILLIANT.
So we have this recipe that is really quite easy to make. Cheese, Beer & Bratwurst Soup…warm, manly (I like manly foods) and oh-so-good.
Popular Slow Cooker Soups To Check Out Too!
- Crock-Pot Potato & Kielbasa Chowder
- Slow Cooker Lobster Bisque + Video
- Crock-Pot Chicken Gnocchi Soup (Olive Garden Copycat) + Video
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Crock-Pot French Onion Soup
Crock-Pot Cheese, Beer & Bratwurst Soup Recipe
- 38 Ounces Bratwurst Sausages (Pre-Cooked And Sliced Into 1/2 Inch Slices)
- 32 Ounces Low-Sodium Chicken Broth (Store Bought Or Homemade Chicken Broth)
- 12 Ounces Beer
- 4 Medium Carrots (Sliced)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (Finely Diced)
- 1 Tablespoon Country Dijon Mustard (Such As Grey Poupon Brand)
- 2 Pounds American Processed Cheese (Such As Velveeta Brand, Cubed)
- 1 Pound Sharp Cheddar Cheese (Shredded)
- 3 Medium Green Onions (Sliced, For Garnish)
- In a 6 quart or larger slow cooker, add the bratwurst, chicken broth, beer, carrots, garlic, onion and mustard and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours or until the onions and carrots are cooked through.
- Remove lid and add the American processed cheese, stir and recover the slow cooker and cook for 1 additional hour.
- Stir in shredded cheddar cheese.
- Ladle hot soup into bowls and garnish with sliced green onions if desired.
Linked up at: $5 Dinner Challenge and Tuesday’s Tasty Tidbits