Your family will ADORE this recipe for Crock-Pot Orange Sesame Chicken any night of the week. Served over rice with a side of steamed veggies this chicken dish is full of flavor!
Slow Cooker Orange Sesame Chicken
Crock-Pot Orange Sesame Chicken is a tangy and savory way to make chicken. Our family really the flavor and taste and although it had a lot of ingredients I actually had them all on hand, which I always appreciate.
We served this cooked chicken and sauce over rice that I made in my rice cooker. And some simple steamed broccoli and cauliflower florets. Everyone really raved over this one and have asked that I make it again soon.
Which I will for sure!
The dish had a distinct dark color because I used pomegranate rice vinegar, but a lighter colored rice vinegar will likely give you a more orange or red color to your sauce.
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Orange Sesame Chicken Recipe:
- 5 Quart, 5.5 Quart, 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Mixing Bowl
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Dry Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Citrus Press Juicer
- Aluminum Foil
Frequently Asked Questions
While this recipe for Orange Sesame Chicken calls for boneless skinless chicken breasts you could easily use chicken thighs or a combination of chicken breasts and thighs. Chicken thighs are dark meat and as such have more fat in them, so you will need to adjust the nutritional information if you decide to use thighs.
I think the chicken and yummy sauce is fantastic when served over cooked jasmine rice that has been either cooked on the stove-top or in a rice cooker. Then I like to steam up some frozen veggies to go on the side or to mix into the chicken before serving.
This recipe for Crock-Pot Orange Sesame Chicken is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Yummy Asian Inspired Crockpot Recipes:
- 5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 5.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 7 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Chicken Crock-Pot Recipes
- Entrée Recipes
- Kid Friendly Crock-Pot Recipes
Crock-Pot Orange Sesame Chicken Recipe
- 2 Cups Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Orange Juice (Freshly Squeezed)
- 1 Cup Rice Vinegar (I used pomegranate rice vinegar but feel free to use what you have on hand!)
- 1 Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- ½ Cup Honey
- ⅓ Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Orange Zest
- 2 Teaspoons Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- ½ Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ½ Cup Cornstarch
- 4 Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Seeds (Optional)
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, orange juice, rice vinegar, soy sauce, honey, brown sugar, orange zest, red pepper flakes, ginger and black pepper.
- In a 5 quart or larger slow cooker add the chicken and sauce and toss with tongs to coat all of the chicken in the sauce.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours.
- When the chicken is fully cooked, carefully remove the chicken from the slow cooker (it will fall apart into chunks) and place in a glass or metal dish and cover with aluminum foil to keep it warm.
- Add the cornstarch to the sauce that is still in the slow cooker and whisk it into the sauce.
- Add the chicken back into the slow cooker breaking up any remaining chicken that is in large chunks into smaller pieces. Make sure the sauce surrounds the chicken as best as you can.
- Re-cover the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 1 hours or until the sauce thickens.
- While the sauce is thickening is a good time to prepare your rice, noodles or anything you are serving with the chicken.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over chicken when ready to serve.