I found a nice Pork Tenderloin on sale at the store and decided to make a Root Beer BBQ Pulled Pork. This is not something we have normally as I am not a fan of pork, but I do enjoy a good BBQ Pulled Sandwich. You might not use the entire 2 liter of root beer, and that is okay. Use what you need and then save the rest for a Root Beer Float for while you wait for this to cook. My husband really liked the taste of this and told me it tasted like the meat was smoked.
Crock-Pot Root Beer BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
2-3lb Pork Tenderloin
1 2liter Root Beer
1 Jar BBQ Sauce (use your favorite here)
- Place Pork in the crock-pot.
- Add in the root beer until the pork is just covered.
- Cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Remove pork tenderloin from crock-pot.
- Pour off any remaining liquid from crock-pot.
- Put pork tenderloin back into crock-pot.
- Using a fork, separate the pork into pieces.
- Add in favorite BBQ sauce and stir well.
- Cook an additional 1 hour on LOW or until the BBQ is hot.
- Serve on sandwiches.
If you enjoyed this post please share it!