Moist and delicious this easy recipe for Crock-Pot Root Beer Pulled Chicken makes for delicious sandwiches for dinner. Bonus points this simple recipe can also be made into a slow cooker freezer meal! Perfect for busy families!
Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Chicken
Delicious, moist and flavorful, this Crock-Pot Root Beer Pulled Chicken is the perfect dinner to make on a busy day when you have a lot going on. The chicken is slow cooked in your favorite root beer with a homemade barbecue sauce that is laced with ginger!
However, if you want to you can use a bottle of your favorite brand of store-bought barbecue sauce too. But if you have it in your pantry we highly recommend adding the 1/8 teaspoon of ground ginger as it really kicks up the ginger kick from the root beer!
You can also make this recipe into a Crock-Pot freezer meal! Just place all ingredients in a large gallon-sized zippered freezer bag (or for longer storage seal in a FoodSaver). Remove as much air as possible and lay your bag flat. Label your bag with the name of the recipe and cooking instructions and freeze for 6 – 8 months.
Too cook the slow cooker freezer meal partially thaw the contents of the bag in the refrigerator overnight or place in a sink of cool water just until you can easily pop the frozen chicken from the bag. Place in a 6 to 7 quart slow cooker and cook for 5 to 7 hours from the partially frozen state.
This recipe for Crock-Pot Root Beer Pulled Chicken is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Crock-Pot Root Beer Pulled Chicken Recipe
- ½ cup Root Beer
- ½ cup Ketchup
- ¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Prepared Yellow Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 2 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (cut into 2 – 3 inch cubes)
- In a medium mixing bowl mix together all of the ingredients except for the chicken until well combined to create the sauce.
- Add the cut up chicken to a gallon zippered storage bag.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken in the storage bag and gently massage the chicken into the sauce. Zip the bag closed.
- Allow the chicken to marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Pour the bag ingredients into a 6 – 7 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours.
- Serve on buns or rolls (gluten-free if you are on a GF diet) as sandwiches.
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in a medium mixing bowl until well mixed.
- Add cut up chicken to a gallon sized zippered freezer bag and add sauce mixture to bag.
- Gently massage chicken into sauce so that all of the chicken is coated in the sauce.
- Lay bag on a flat surface and seal bag, pushing out as much excess air as possible.
- Label bag with name of recipe, ingredients and cooking instructions.
- To cook: Place freezer meal in refrigerator overnight OR place in a sink of cool water for several hours until the contents of the bag are partially thawed and can be easily placed into a 6 to 7 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 7 hours from the partially thawed state.
- Serve chicken on rolls or buns as sandwiches.