Your family will enjoy this warm, moist and delicious recipe for Crock-Pot Turkey Pot Pie any day of the week! Turkey, veggies, potatoes, & a crusty top!
Crock-Pot Turkey Pot Pie
This recipe for Turkey Pot Pie is a hearty and filling recipe that really just hits the spot. The pot pie filling is made in the slow cooker using either leftover turkey OR ground turkey that you cook and crumble on the stove-top. Veggies such as potatoes, carrots, peas and corn are combined in a flavorful sauce.
Once your filling is cooked in the slow cooker you simply spoon the mixture into a pie plate or casserole dish and cover the top with a refrigerated pie crust and bake it until crispy in the oven.
After Thanksgiving or Christmas when we have a plethora of leftover turkey to use up is usually when I make this delicious pot pie recipe. However, I usually have ground turkey stashed away in the freezer too so this is a great recipe to use that up.
My family really enjoys this recipe, I hope yours does too!
- Cooked Turkey – This recipe is great with either leftover turkey meat or cooked and crumbled ground turkey.
- Low-Sodium Chicken Broth – I prefer to use my Crock-Pot Homemade Chicken Broth but you can also use canned chicken broth.
- Frozen Mixed Vegetables – Look for a bag that contains a mixture of carrots, peas and corn.
- Canned Potatoes – Drained and cubed. If you don’t want to use canned potatoes you can use fresh potatoes that have been cooked in the microwave or leftover potatoes.
- Yellow Onion – Peeled and finely diced. You don’t want big chunks of onion.
- Poultry Seasoning – This is a spice mixture found in most major grocery stores and contains a mix of thyme, sage, marjoram, rosemary, black Pepper, and nutmeg.
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper – I prefer to grind my own pepper for the best flavor.
- Milk – You can use any kind of milk in this recipe. Even unsweetened/unflavored dairy free milks will work.
- All-Purpose Flour
- Refrigerated Pie Crust – I used Pillsbury brand.
- In a 5 quart or larger slow cooker stir together the cooked turkey, chicken broth, potatoes, frozen vegetables, poultry seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or on HIGH for 3 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 400° F (204° C).
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, flour and remaining salt and pepper until there are no lumps. Stir mixture into slow cooker.
- Recover slow cooker and continue to cook on HIGH heat for 1 additional hour or until pot pie filling has thickened.
- Carefully spoon the pot pie filling into a large pie plate or oven safe casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until the pie crust is browned.
- 5 Quart Slow Cooker (Or Larger)
- Cutting Board
- Can Opener
- Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Pie Plate OR Small Casserole Dish
More Great Slow Cooker Turkey Recipes!
- Crock-Pot Roasted Turkey Breast
- Slow Cooker Turkey Bolognese Sauce
- Crock-Pot Turkey Sloppy Joes
- Slow Cooker Hot Leftover Turkey Sandwiches
- Crock-Pot Turkey Roast with Rice
|Turkey Crock-Pot Recipes||American Slow Cooker Recipes|
|Entree Slow Cooker Recipes||Fall Crock-Pot Recipes|
|Winter Crock-Pot Recipes||Comfort Food Slow Cooker Recipes|