This easy recipe for Crock-Pot Smothered Chicken Drumsticks features tender chicken legs smothered in a tomato & veggie sauce. Serve over rice or pasta!
Slow Cooker Smothered Chicken Drumsticks
My kids were on school vacation this past week and we spent the beginning of the week away at a hotel.
Unfortunately, I never quite snapped back into my routine and I didn’t even go to the grocery store until we’d been home for days.
Usually when the weather starts turning nice, last minute dinners mean grilling out but today it was cold, damp and rainy.
I wandered around the grocery store kind of in a daze (been there?) and finally grabbed some chicken drumsticks and figured I could make something easy in the crock-pot.
My 5 year old wanted mushrooms, so they came home with us as did some canned green beans (she’s also a fan suddenly).
I had an idea to make something with tomatoes and thus the recipe for Crock-Pot Smothered Chicken Drumsticks was born.
If you wanted to make this with breasts or thighs, I think it would be just as good. Just remember you may need to adjust cooking times for larger pieces of chicken.
Try it out and see what you think!
- 6 Quart Or Larger Slow Cooker
- Can Opener
- Cutting Board
- Measuring Cups And Spoons
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use Other Cuts Of Chicken?
This recipe works best with dark meat chicken. So chicken thighs or whole leg quarters would also work great in this recipe.
Can I Use Fresh Green Beans Instead Of Canned?
Yes you can. The beans will come out crispier when using fresh which some folks prefer. You can also use frozen green beans as well.
Gluten Free | High Fiber | Low Fat | Low Sugar | Paleo
This recipe for Crock-Pot Smothered Chicken Drumsticks is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Great Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes To Try!
- Crock-Pot Chicken Fajita Casserole
- Slow Cooker Italian Chicken & Zucchini
- Crock-Pot Buffalo Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Sweet N Sour Chicken
- Crock-Pot Peach Salsa Chicken
Crock-Pot Smothered Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
- 12 Whole Chicken Drumsticks
- 29 Ounces Canned Italian Style Whole Stewed Tomatoes
- 15 Ounces Canned Green Beans (Drained)
- 8 Ounces Sliced Mushrooms
- 6 Ounces Canned Tomato Paste
- ¼ Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Place all ingredients in a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Stir so chicken is coated with sauce.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours.
- Serve chicken, veggies and sauce over cooked rice or pasta if desired.
Shared at Tuesday’s Tasty Tidbits
Making this tomorrow for dinner, I’ll come back and let you know what happens.