With only two ingredients this simple & tasty recipe for Crock-Pot Peach Salsa Chicken could not be easier! Serve over rice or in burritos, tacos or nachos.
Slow Cooker Peach Salsa Chicken
This is a great recipe if you do not have time for a lot of prep work in the kitchen. Basically you just add a jar of your favorite peach salsa (I like the Trader Joe’s Smoky Peach Salsa) and dump it on top of some boneless skinless chicken breasts and let it cook away in your slow cooker.
The salsa brings just a touch of sweetness to the chicken while the salsa offers a little spiciness. Of course you can control the amount of heat by picking a mild, medium or hot peach salsa!
To serve as a dinner you can shred the chicken and serve it over cooked white or brown rice (spooning over some of the cooking liquid) or shred the meat and serve in burritos or tacos or even topping nachos.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are Some Ways That I Can Use This Crock-Pot Peach Salsa Chicken In Recipes?
This peach salsa chicken recipe is super versatile and can be used in many different ways. Some of my favorite ideas for using the shredded chicken meat are…
- Or just eat it plain or over cooked rice.
What Can I Do If I Cannot Find Peach Salsa At My Grocery Store?
Peach salsa may not be available in all areas of the world. However if you can find jarred salsa and canned, fresh or frozen peaches you can easily remedy the situation. Just add about a cup of diced peaches to your jarred salsa and you will have peach salsa that adds a little bit of sweetness to your finished dish.
Can This Slow Cooker Peach Salsa Chicken Be Frozen?
Once cooked and the chicken meat has been shredded you can easily freeze this recipe. Just place the shredded meat with the juices from the slow cooker in a gallon sized zippered freezer bag or freezer container. Press out as much air as possible (if using freezer bags). Label with the date and contents of the bag or container and freeze for up to 6 months.
Freezing the shredded peach salsa chicken is a great way to have meat ready to use in whatever recipe or meal you want.
This recipe for Crock-Pot Peach Salsa Chicken is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Easy Slow Cooker Recipes!
- Crock-Pot Potato & Kielbasa Chowder
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili
- Crock-Pot Chicken Cordon Bleu + Video
- Slow Cooker Manicotti
- Crock-Pot Potatoes, Sausage And Green Beans + Video
Crock-Pot Peach Salsa Chicken Recipe
- Add chicken pieces to the bottom of a 4 to 6 quart slow cooker.
- Open jar of peach salsa and dump it over the chicken, spreading it around and between the chicken pieces with a rubber spatula.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours or until a meat thermometer registers an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Serve chicken pieces over cooked white or brown rice OR shred chicken meat and add to burritos, tacos or nachos.