Perfect for Easter, Christmas, Thanksgiving or Sunday dinner, this 2-ingredient recipe for Crock-Pot Orange Soda Ham is super easy to make & tastes fantastic too!
Slow Cooker Orange Soda Ham
Thanks to CPL reader Kim J. for sending us over this fantastic recipe for orange soda ham. I love that there are just two ingredients – a bone-in ham and orange soda. But what I also love is that you can let this ham recipe cook away pretty much all day.
Perfect for busy families that need something they can toss in the slow cooker in the morning and go off to work or activities all day and come home to dinner ready!
Kim says you can use any kind or brand of orange soda in this recipe. You can even use diet orange soda if that is what you want.
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Orange Soda Ham Recipe:
- 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Instant Read Meat Thermometer
- Oven Mitts
- Aluminum Foil
- Carving Knife
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, slices of ham can easily be frozen for use later. Either to use in other recipes that call for ham or to just prepare your ham ahead of time for a holiday meal.
Yes, diet orange soda can easily be used in this recipe. In fact I usually cook this recipe using diet orange soda as that is the kind of soda I like to drink.
If orange soda is not your thing you can also use lemon-lime soda, rootbeer, Dr. Pepper or cola instead of the orange flavored soda.
More Tasty Ham Slow Cooker Recipes To Try!
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 7 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Christmas Recipes
- Easter Recipes
- Entrée Recipes
- Pork Crock-Pot Recipes
- Thanksgiving Recipes
Crock-Pot Orange Soda Ham Recipe
- 3 - 4 Pounds Bone-In Ham (*See Note)
- 2 liters Orange Soda (any brand)
- Place ham in a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Pour enough orange soda over the slow cooker until the soda reaches about 2/3 of the way up the sides of your slow cooker. You may have soda left over.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or until the internal temperature of the ham reaches 165° F (74°C) on an instant read meat thermometer.
- Using oven mitts, carefully remove the slow cooker insert from the base and drain off and discard the liquid.
- Place ham on a platter and tent the ham with aluminum foil. Allow the ham to rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Carve the ham and serve. Reserve the ham bone to use in soups for later if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!