Just a few simple ingredients and you have delicious & chocolaty Crock-Pot Hot Fudge Brownies! No need to heat up your oven for this easy recipe!
Slow Cooker Hot Fudge Brownies
Quick and tasty desserts are easy to make in the crock-pot. This recipe for Hot Fudge Brownies has 3 main ingredients. A box of brownie mix, some chocolate syrup and water. That is it!
Depending on which brownie box mix you use, you are adding in two or three more ingredients. But for me, these are all ingredients I have in my house.
First time making this recipe and it seems like the water mixed with the hot chocolate is just too much water. I was worried that the recipe was going to be a disaster. I recommend cooking it almost the entire 3 hours. First time I made this, at two hours cooked, half of the brownies were still too liquid.
Second time I made this, I let the brownie mixture cook a full 3 hours. The entire brownie cooked through and there were no watery portions.
I tested the recipe on my kids. They gave it a big thumbs up. My oldest did give some feedback and added that more is not better on the Crock-Pot Hot Fudge Brownies. She said it was very rich in taste and a smaller portion was best.
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Hot Fudge Brownies Recipe:
- 4.5 Quart, 5 Quart, 5.5 Quart, 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart, 7 Quart Oval Slow Cooker OR 3.5 Quart Casserole Slow Cooker
- Mixing Bowl
- Wooden Spoon
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
Frequently Asked Questions
There are several reasons why someone might want to bake brownies in their slow cooker versus baking them in the oven. The main reason is not wanting to heat up the oven when you are craving chocolaty brownies because it is already hot outside in the summer months. Another reason is because you may not have access to an oven but you do have access to a slow cooker.
If you are on a gluten-free diet you can easily use a gluten free brownie mix in this recipe. Some our favorite brands of GF brownie mixes are Krusteaz Gluten Free Double Chocolate Brownie Mix, King Arthur Fudge Gluten Free Brownie Mix and Namaste Foods Gluten Free Organic Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix.
You can easily add your favorite chopped nuts such as pecans or walnuts to this brownie recipe. Other fantastic mix-ins are chocolate chips (dark chocolate, white chocolate, milk chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate) or even dried fruit such as cherries. Use your imagination and have fun!
More Super Tasty Crock-Pot Desserts!
- Dessert Recipes
- 5 Ingredients Or Less Recipes
- 4.4 Quart Slow Cooker Recipes
- Chocolate Recipes
- Easy Crock-Pot Recipes
Crock-Pot Hot Fudge Brownies Recipe
- Spray a 4.5 quart or larger oval slow cooker OR a 3.5 quart casserole slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Fix brownie mix according to box, adding eggs, oil, water etc.
- Pour prepared brownie batter into prepared slow cooker, spreading evenly.
- In a bowl, mix together the chocolate syrup and hot water and pour mixture over batter.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 - 3 hours.
- Remove lid and let stand for 30 minutes to allow the middle to set up.
- Serve with your favorite ice cream or whipped cream and enjoy!