This recipe for Crock-Pot Chocolate Banana Cake yields a light and fluffy chocolate cake just just a hint of banana. Only 4 ingredients and 1 hour to bake!
Slow Cooker Chocolate Banana Cake
Finding uses for ripe bananas is always a fun excuse for getting creative in the kitchen. And while I love a good banana bread as much as the next guy I wanted to make a cake.
Looking through my pantry I found that I had a box of devil’s food cake mix and decided to combine the rich moist chocolate cake with some mashed bananas for a chocolate/banana flavor combo.
And of course I decided to bake the cake in my slow cooker because…well because this is a Crock-Pot recipes blog.
I know you could just bake the cake in the oven (and if you are going to do that just follow the baking instructions on the box of cake mix). But to be honest some folks don’t have an oven and a crockpot is all they have to cook in.
For me though the benefits of baking in my slow cooker is that I don’t have to heat up the oven, which in turns heats up my kitchen and house. And in the hot days of summer that sure is a blessing to be able to bake a cake, use up those brown bananas and end up with a tasty dessert for my family!
It’s a yummy win-win for me!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Chocolate Banana Cake Recipe:
- 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Mixing Bowl
- Silicone Spatula
- Paper Towels OR Flour Sack Kitchen Towel
- Fine Mesh Strainer (To Dust Powdered Sugar If Using)
Frequently Asked Questions
While this recipe has not been tested by us using a homemade cake batter it should work. You may want to adjust the liquid in the cake recipe to compensate for the mashed bananas that are added. Additionally you may need to cook the cake a little bit longer.
If you would like to top this chocolate banana cake with frosting you may do so after the cake is fully cooked and cooled to room temperature. Chocolate frosting, vanilla frosting and even cream cheese frosting are all delicious options.
If you have leftover cake you can wrap the unfrosted cake in plastic wrap or store it in food safe containers and store the cake at room temperature for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
This recipe for Crock-Pot Chocolate Banana Cake is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Yummy Slow Cooker Banana Recipes:
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 7 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Kid Friendly Crock-Pot Recipes
Crock-Pot Chocolate Banana Cake Recipe
- Spray the inside of a 6 quart or larger slow cooker stoneware insert with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In bowl, whisk together the dry cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil and mashed bananas.
- Pour batter into prepared slow cooker, using a silicone spatula to scrape the batter out of the bowl.. Spread the batter evenly.
- Place a layer of paper towels or a clean flour sack type kitchen towel between the lid of the slow cooker and insert.
- Cook on HIGH for 1 hour to 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Dust with powder sugar if desired before serving.