This recipe for Crock-Pot Cranberry Jelly if full of great tart and sweet cranberry flavor! Serve the jelly on your morning toast or holiday turkey!
Slow Cooker Cranberry Jelly
This is a three day project. First day is using the crock-pot to make the cranberry juice. Second is making the jelly on the stove. Third is sealing the jars for storage. But, this jelly is sweet and good. The cranberry flavor is pure cranberry flavor. Great on toast or crackers or even on turkey!
Crock-Pot Cranberry Jelly Recipe
- 24 ounces Fresh Cranberries
- 5 cups Water
- 4 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 box Sur-Jelll
- Add water and cranberries to 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours until water is a dark red cranberry color.
- Strain juice out (either drape a cheese cloth over a bowl and add solids to center and hang cheese cloth over a bowl to catch juice, OR use a food strainer to strain out juice)
- Add juice to large cooking pan. (stove not crock-pot)
- Bring juice to a boil and add sure jell.
- Stir until juice comes to a rolling boil.
- Add sugar all at once.
- Stir until juice again comes to a rolling boil.
- Fill jelly jars and let set overnight.
- If jelly does not set (become jelly in a sense), remove from jars back into pan, clean jars and bring mixture back to a rolling boil. Fill jars again.
- Once jelly sets, add seals and lids and put in water bath for 10-15 minutes.