An easy recipe for Crock-Pot Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallows is perfect for your next holiday meal! Sweet spiced potatoes with a melty marshmallow topping.
Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallows
The sweet potatoes (yams) are lightly spiced with warm cinnamon & nutmeg, sweetened up with brown sugar and then topped with a melty marshmallow topping.
I really enjoy making this classic sweet potatoes with marshmallows in the slow cooker versus the oven as it frees up my oven for other holiday dishes like the ham, turkey, rolls etc. that need to be cooked in the oven. Plus if you are asked to bring a dish to a holiday dinner toting it in your slow cooker is nice. Just plug it in when you get to your destination and you will have a nice hot dish to serve!
Crock-Pot Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallows Recipe
- Wash, peel and cut the sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Place sweet potatoes, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in the bottom of a 4 to 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 7 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours or until the sweet potatoes are tender and can easily be pierced with a fork.
- Using a potato masher, mash the sweet potatoes to your desired consistency.
- Mix in the orange juice.
- Cover top of mashed sweet potatoes with marshmallows, recover and cook for an additional 20 to 30 minutes or until the marshmallows are melted.
- Serve and enjoy!