Perfect for your Thanksgiving or Christmas table this easy recipe for Crock-Pot Sweet Potatoes With A Hint Of Orange has just 5 ingredients and tastes divine!
Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes With A Hint Of Orange
When the holidays come around I am always looking for ways that I can utilize my slow cooker so that I can free up oven and stove-top space and also just make things a little bit easier on me when I am cooking for a large family.
This easy sweet potato recipe has just 5 ingredients (sweet potatoes, orange zest, butter, salt and pepper (OK water too but I don’t really count water as an ingredient!) and could not be any easier to whip up and throw in your slow cooker.
The orange zest gives the potatoes just a hint of orange flavor and really brightens up the sweet potatoes. I think these zesty orange sweet taters go great with your holiday ham or roasted turkey. But in all honestly I also just make these to serve with chicken or pork chops for every day meals too whenever I spot sweet potatoes on sale at the grocery store.
My family gobbles these up and I am confident that yours will too!
This recipe for Crock-Pot Sweet Potatoes With A Hint Of Orange is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Crock-Pot Sweet Potatoes With A Hint Of Orange Recipe
- Wash your sweet potatoes and you can choose either to peel them or not. I don’t mind the skins left on and they add a little extra fiber and vitamins so I usually leave them on.
- Cut sweet potatoes in quarters lengthwise and then into large chunks.
- Add sweet potatoes, water and orange zest to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours or on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or until the sweet potatoes are easily pierced with a fork.
- Right in the crock-pot use a potato masher and mash sweet potatoes up, add butter, salt and pepper to taste. I usually add ½ stick of butter.