Nothing could be simpler than this recipe for Crock-Pot Easy Corned Beef and Cabbage! Make this for St. Patrick’s day, Easter or Sunday dinner!
Slow Cooker Easy Corned Beef and Cabbage
This recipe was originally a reader recipe from Julie Nowakowski, who sent us multiple recipes.
We so appreciated this lovely recipe, as it is easy to put together and my family loved it.
It makes a complete meal in the crock (which I love) and can be easily made not only at our favorite St. Patrick’s Day or Easter meals but any time we are in the mood for corned beef.
I personally found our corned beef during a great sale in the summer and threw them in the freezer (I still have one in the freezer) and pulled one out for this meal.
I had everything I needed on hand except a head of cabbage (that was easy to go pick up) and got the recipe ready before leaving for church.
It turned out delicious, the kids loved it, and it was nice to not have to worry about making anything else for dinner that evening.
Crock-Pot Easy Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe
- 1 large Yellow Onion (peeled and cut into large wedges)
- 4 medium Potatoes (peeled and cut into quarters)
- 1 pound Baby Carrots
- 3 cups Water
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 whole Bay Leaf
- 2 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 3 pounds Corned Beef Brisket (with spice packet; cut into half to fit in slow cooker if needed)
- 1 head Fresh Cabbage (cut into wedges, 2 to 3 pounds)
- Place the onion, potatoes and carrots in a 5 to 7 quart slow cooker
- In a small bowl combine the water, garlic, bay leaf, sugar, vinegar, pepper and the contents of the spice packet that came with your corned beef and pour over the vegetables.
- Top the vegetables with the corned beef brisket and then the cabbage.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours or until the meat and vegetables are tender.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.