We enjoyed the yummy brownie recipe. Although we don’t have gluten issues at our house, we love the Bob’s Red Mill Mixes and this one was not disappointing!
This is a Gluten Free Recipe. Bob’s Red Mill Brownie Mix is Gluten Free. I have adapted this brownie mix for your crock-pot. Even if you don’t normally need to be Gluten Free this is a fabulous mix, I love Bob’s Red Mill Mixes because of their superior quality and taste.
1 package of Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Brownie Mix 21 Ounce
1 1/2 Melted Butter
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract(look for Gluten Free)
3/4ths Cup Water 110 Degree’s
1/2 Cup of Chocolate Chips
Reynolds Pan lining Paper
1 14 Ounce Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 1/2 Gluten Free Vanilla Extract
12 Ounces Chocolate Chips
- Line your Crock (you need a large oblong size crock or the very large round size crocks) with Reynolds Pan Lining Paper.
- Spray with Pam or similar.
- Pour brownie mix into a large mixing bowl.
- With an electric mixer, mix brownie mix with butter, egg, vanilla and water on medium speed until it is just combined.
- Then use a spatula and stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into crock and bake for at least 2 1/2 hours on high.
- Be sure to fold several paper towels and place them at the top of the crock-pot in between the crock and the lid to catch excess moisture.
- After 2 1/2 hours eyeball the brownies, if it looks like the middle is done, lift the lid and insert a toothpick in the center to make sure it’s clean.
- If it’s not done when you insert toothpick, continue to cook for another 30 minutes (it is not done until the toothpick comes out clean).
- If it appears the middle is still not done when you eyeball it, don’t lift the lid up and cook for another 15-30 minutes before checking again.
- Cooking brownies in a crock-pot is not an exact science, newer crocks will cooker faster then old crocks, mine ended up cooking for about 3 hours…mine was a newer crock.
- When it is finished carefully lift out by the pan lining paper.
- I then placed it into a Pyrex dish so it would be easier to frost and cut.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract and chocolate chips in a heavy saucepan on low until chips are melted and then spread over brownies.
- Once cool cut into bars.
Linked up at the Old Fashioned Recipe Exchange
If you enjoyed this post please share it!