This is one of my husbands most requested crock-pot recipes. So easy to make and really tastes good and warms you up on a cold winter day. This is also nice to make for a party or get together, just set out cups and a ladle and let your guests serve themselves.
Crock-Pot Mulled Apple Cider
Warming drink perfect for cold winter days. Nice for parties too!
1 Gallon Apple Cider
1 Medium Orange
3 Sticks Of Cinnamon
20 Whole Cloves
1/4 Inch Piece Of Fresh Ginger, Sliced Into Thin Slices
- Pour gallon of apple cider into crock-pot (save gallon jug to store any leftover cider, just warm up in the microwave in a cup)
- With a vegetable peeler strip off the zest of the orange and add it to the crock-pot.
- Cut orange in half and squeeze juice, being careful not to add the seeds, into the crock-pot.
- Snap each cinnamon stick in half or into thirds and along with the cloves add to the pot.
- Cover and simmer on low 4-6 hours (or longer).
You can either strain the mulling spices out of your cider before serving or just try not to pick up any chunks when you ladle it into cups. Alternatively you can place all the mulling spices (zest, cinnamon, cloves and ginger) in a piece of cheesecloth and tie with a string.
If you enjoyed this post please share it!