I was told I can’t call this Irish Coffee because it doesn’t have whiskey in it and my whiskey loving man says it does not qualify! I don’t drink whiskey so as much as I would have loved to make “authentic” Irish coffee, I tried to make something similar to a recipe I saw on Food.com.
Though after finding a recipe for homemade Irish Cream which contains whiskey I’m wondering if he may have to apologize!?. I like a little whipped cream on my fancy coffee drinks too so that just did him in! But he did try it and said it tasted like “a fancy coffee drink at Starbucks”.
Crock-Pot Irish Cream Coffee
3 Cups Strong Brewed Coffee, Black
1/3 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream (Not Whipped Cream)
1 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
Sugar, If Desired
Chocolate Shavings or Sprinkles, If Desired
- Add coffee and Baileys to crock-pot.
- Add your whipping cream and if you want it to be sweeter, your sugar.
- Add the cocoa powder, stirring to blend.
- Cook on low for 3 hours or high for 90 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream and chocolate garnish (if desired).
- Caution: This will be hot!
I cooked this in a 6 quart crock pot and I could have easily doubled it for a larger group. You may want to stir this in the last hour as I noticed the cocoa powder did not 100% blend in the first time.
If you enjoyed this post please share it!