Crock-Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage Dinner
3-4 Pound Corned Beef Brisket With Seasoning Packet
4 Medium Carrots, Cut Into 3″ Pieces
2-3 Medium Onions, Quartered
4 Potatoes, White or Red, Halved (if desired)
1 Head of Cabbage, Quartered
1 Teaspoon Salt
1-2 Teaspoons Pepper
1 1/2 Cups Water
- Place carrots, onion and potatoes* (if desired) in crock-pot.
- Add beef, contents of seasoning packet, salt and pepper.
- Add 1 1/2 cups water.
- Cook on low for 10-12 hours or high for 5-6.
- After 5 hours on low or 3 hours on high, add cabbage wedges, pushing down into liquid.
- To cook more cabbage then will fit in crock-pot, place cabbage in skillet or dutch oven during last hour of cooking.
- Add 1 cup liquid from crock-pot over cabbage and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
*Potatoes in the crock-pot may leave less room for cabbage so you can either omit them or cook them on the top of the stove with cabbage wedges as described. Make sure there is enough liquid to cover the potatoes.
Try serving this with our Crock-Pot Irish Soda Bread!
Linked up at Crock-Pot Buddies
Linked up to Marvelously Messy