I think the best part of this for my kids was using a can to crush the candy canes. There is just enough candy cane taste to this to make it nice.
Crock-Pot Candy Cane Muddy Buddies
3 Cups Rice or Corn Chex Cereal
3 Cups Chocolate Chex Cereal
3 Cubes White Almond Bark
3 Cubes Chocolate Bark
10 Small Candy Canes , crushed
- Use a 5 qt or Larger Crock-Pot.
- Turn the crock-pot on high and add in the white almond bark.
- Heat the bark until it melts (about 30 minutes with lid on).
- Once bark is melted, add in 3 cups rice or corn Chex Cereal.
- Stir the cereal into the melted bark, coating well.
- Spread this mixture on a piece of foil or waxed paper.
- Sprinkle with the crushed candy canes.
- Now, add the chocolate bark to the crock-pot,
- Heat the bark on high until it melts (about 30 minutes)
- Add in the chocolate Chex Cereal and mix well coating all the cereal.
- On on a second piece of foil or waxed paper, spread this mixture to cool.
- Once these are cool, break apart and mix both in a large ziploc bag or bowl.