If you are looking for an easy holiday treat that you can make & give as gifts for Christmas look no further than this simple 5 ingredient recipe for Crock-Pot Candy Cane Muddy Buddies! This peppermint snack mix is delicious & the kids can help in the kitchen to make it! Package it in cellophane bags for holiday gifts!
Slow Cooker Candy Cane Muddy Buddies
I think the best part of this for my kids was using a can to crush the candy canes. There is just enough candy cane taste to this to make it nice.
Crock-Pot Candy Cane Muddy Buddies Recipe
- Add the white almond bark to a 5 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH until the vanilla bark melts (about 30 minutes).
- Add 2 cups of rice or corn Chex cereal to melted vanilla bark and stir to coat all the cereal.
- Spread on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper and sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
- Next add the chocolate bark to the same slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH until melted (about 30 minutes).
- Add chocolate Chex cereal to the slow cooker and stir to coat all the cereal in the melted chocolate.
- Spread on a second rimmed baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Allow both the vanilla and chocolate to cool completely.
- Break cereal apart and mix both together.
- Can be stored in an air tight container or food storage bag for up to 2 weeks.