Warm up with this classic recipe for Crock-Pot Mulled Apple Cider. Let this hot drink simmer away & take on the flavors of orange zest, cinnamon and spice.
Slow Cooker Mulled Apple Cider
This recipe for mulled apple cider made in the slow-cooker is one of my husband’s favorites and he asks me to make it all the time when the weather is cold because it makes the house smell delicious and just hits the spot and warms you up from the inside out.
The ingredients are simple, apple cider (we like to use fresh pressed cider whenever we can get it) and then you spice it up with some orange zest, cinnamon, whole cloves, and fresh ginger.
You just let that simmer away for a couple hours until it is nice and hot and the spices have flavored the cider. Then ladle it into mugs and drink.
If you want to get adventurous…add some store bought caramel sauce and top with whipped cream for a Starbucks Caramel Apple Cider knock-off.
This recipe is also a great hot beverage to take to a party or holiday (think Christmas and Thanksgiving) get-together. Just set out cups and a ladle and let your guests serve themselves straight from the slow cooker!
- Apple Cider – Fresh pressed if you can find it.
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Whole Cloves
- Fresh Ginger – About a 1/4 inch piece, sliced into thin slices.
- Pour gallon of apple cider into a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- With a vegetable peeler strip off the zest of the orange and add it to the crock-pot.
- Cut orange in half and squeeze juice, being careful not to add the seeds, into the crock-pot.
- Snap each cinnamon stick in half or into thirds and along with the cloves add to the pot.
- Cover and simmer on low 4-6 hours (or longer).
Check Out These Fantastic Slow Cooker Beverage Recipes Too!
- Crock-Pot Spiced Pear Cider
- Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Cider + Video
- Crock-Pot Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate + Video
- Slow Cooker Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
- Crock-Pot Mulled Wine