This recipe for Crock-Pot Sweet & Sour Beef is super easy and we love that it can also be made into a slow cooker freezer meal. Serve the beef over rice for a meal the whole family will love!
Crock-Pot Sweet & Sour Beef
This recipe for Crock-Pot Sweet & Sour Beef is included in our 10 Easy Crock-Pot Freezer Meals Meal Plan that you can purchase in our store for just $1.99. The meal plan includes 10 great freezer meals that you can prepare ahead of time and have ready to go in your freezer. You will also get a printable grocery shopping list for all the ingredients needed to make all 10 meals as well as printable labels that you can stick on your freezer bags.
This recipe does not have to be frozen first, so if you are just wanting to cook up a delicious Asian inspired dish that you family will love, you are in the right spot. Just follow along with the recipe below.
This recipe is super easy to put together. I used three grocery store shortcuts because I am all about making life easier whenever possible.
- Stir-Fry Beef Strips – check your butcher for pre-sliced strips of beef. If your butcher does not have them, just find a nice steak (does not need to be an expensive cut here) and cut it into strips or cubes.
- Pre-Shredded Carrots – look in the produce section near the bagged salad mixes for bag of pre-shredded carrots. If not, just shred some regular full-sized carrots using a box grater or your food processor.
- Microwaveable Steamer Stir-Fry Vegetables – I usually have several bags of all kinds of frozen vegetables that you can steam right in the bag in the microwave. I used a bag of the stir-fry variety. You could cut up broccoli, snow peas and whatever kind of vegetables that you like to use in a stir-fry.
Once your beef is about 30 minutes from being done in the slow cooker, prepare your rice on the stove-top or in a rice cooker.
My oldest daughter LOVED this recipe and has specifically requested that I make it again and again for dinner.
Of which I gladly oblige!
More Beefy Crockpot Recipes To Try!
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Roast
- Crock-Pot Cheeseburger Joes
- Slow Cooker Hearty Beef and Mushroom Soup
- Crock-Pot Sweet Sloppy Joes
- Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage Dinner