Make your own MaidRite Sandwiches (a type of loose meat sandwich) right in your slow cooker with this recipe sent to us by one of our loyal readers!
Crock-Pot Homemade MaidRite Sandwiches
We have yummy recipe for you today from reader Julie Nowakowski for her homemade MaidRite sandwiches!
I have never had a MaidRite sandwich but it sound quite interesting. I am going to have to give this one a try and see how it turns out!
Thanks Julie for sending us your recipe, we love hearing from our readers about what they are cooking!
- Extra Lean Ground Beef – I like to use extra lean ground beef whenever possible in recipes to shave off some calories and fat. Plus I hate having to drain off all that extra grease. Most of the time I can totally skip that step in a recipe (the draining off the fat part) if I use extra lean ground beef.
- Low-Sodium Chicken Broth – You can use store bought chicken broth or if you have made your own Crock-Pot Chicken Broth you can use that too!
- Onion Soup Mix – In this recipe you will use 1 packet or envelope of dry onion soup mix. I prefer the Lipton brand but there are other brands available including store brand generic.
- Hamburger Buns or Rolls – If you are on a gluten free diet look for GF brands.
- Condiments – Set out the classics like ketchup and mustard or go a little “wild” and put out some BBQ sauce or Thousand Island dressing.
- Cheese – Just about any sliced cheese will work on these sandwiches. Sliced cheddar, Swiss, provolone or even good old fashioned American cheese will all work great.
- Extras – Take these sandwiches up a notch by topping with crumbled bacon, fried onion strings or caramelized onions. YUM! 😛
- In a large skillet on the stove-top, cook and break up the ground beef until it is finely crumbled and browned.
- Drain off any excess cooking fat and add the meat to a 5 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Add chicken broth and packet of dry onion soup mix to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours or until most of the broth has been absorbed by the meat.
Check out these delicious ground beef recipes too!
- Crock-Pot Getting Sauced Spaghetti Sauce
- Slow Cooker Sweet Chili
- Crock-Pot Cheeseburger Joes
- Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Meatloaf
- Crock-Pot Easy Vegetable Beef Chili
|Beef Crock-Pot Recipes||Ground Beef Slow Cooker Recipes|
|Sandwich Slow Cooker Recipes||American Crock-Pot Recipes|
|5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes||3 Ingredient Or Less Slow Cooker Recipes|