Bursting with Mexican flavors in this easy recipe for Crock-Pot Taco Chicken Bowls. A quick & easy recipe that can also be made into a freezer meal!
Slow Cooker Taco Chicken Bowls
This recipe is so easy and I love that you can also make it into a freezer meal so that you can have dinner in the slow cooker in a jiffy!
I serve the chicken over some cooked brown or white rice. But if you are watching your carbs you can just eat this as is.
The chicken in this recipe is nice and tender and not too spicy when you use a mild salsa. If you want to kick up the spice factor use a medium or hot salsa…whatever brand you like.
The spice mixture you make up and sprinkle on the chicken adds another flavor dimension that I really like.
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Taco Chicken Bowls Recipe:
- 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Small Bowl
- Measuring Spoons
- Can Opener
- Instant Read Meat Thermometer
This recipe for Crock-Pot Taco Chicken Bowls is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Amazing Crockpot Chicken Recipes!
- Crock-Pot Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Hot Chicken Salad
- Crock-Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Parmigiana Meatloaf
- Crock-Pot Lemon Chicken
Crock-Pot Taco Chicken Bowls Recipe
- 1.5 Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Chili Powder
- ½ Tablespoon Ground Cumin
- ½ Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Dash Kosher Salt
- 1 Dash Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 16 Ounces Jarred Salsa (your favorite brand)
- 14 Ounces Canned Black Beans (drained)
- 8 Ounces Frozen Corn
- In small bowl, mix all dry spices.
- Add chicken, spices, salsa, beans and frozen corn into a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours or until the chicken registers 165°F (74°C) on a meat thermometer.
- Using a fork, shred the chicken.
- Serve on top of cooked white or brown rice and garnish with your favorite taco toppings if desired.
- Place the chicken into a gallon sized freezer bag.
- Mix up the spice mixture in a small bowl and then add it to the chicken along with the salsa.
- Squish the bag around to distribute the spices and salsa.
- Add the drained beans and frozen corn to the bag.
- Place the bag flat on the kitchen counter and press out as much excess air as possible and seal the bag.
- Label the bag with the name of the recipe, date prepared, ingredient list and cooking instructions
- To cook, place bag in refrigerator overnight OR place bag in the kitchen sink filled with cool water until the contents of the bag are partially defrosted enough to remove the contents of the bag and put them in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 -6 hours.