Everyone will love this easy recipe for Crock-Pot Ranch Chicken! Moist & tender chicken in a ranch dressing flavored creamy sauce. Serve over rice or noodles!
Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken
Everyone in my family loves the flavors of ranch. It just adds such nice tangy flavor to dishes. And this recipe for Ranch Chicken made in the slow cooker is no exception.
I personally like to use our recipe for Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix instead of the packages of store bought ranch mix. I find it to be healthier and frugal too. But if making your own seasoning mix is not your thing then by all means a packet of the store bought ranch dressing mix (such as Hidden Valley brand) is going to work great too.
The final dish in this recipe is tender chicken that is full of yummy flavor in a creamy sauce. Serve it over rice (white or brown…your choice), noodles or even mashed potatoes.
Garnish the chicken once it has been plated with a little paprika and green onion for some color and additional flavor and you have one amazing dinner perfect for the family!
Leftover chicken (if there is any) can be shredded and turned into a chicken sandwich or wrap for lunch the next day.
But this recipe is SO GOOD that I doubt there will be any leftovers!
Crock-Pot Ranch Chicken Recipe
- 1 whole Yellow Onion (sliced)
- 6 whole Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash Table Blend Seasoning
- ¼ cup Butter (melted)
- 1 packet Ranch Dressing Mix (or our homemade ranch dressing mix)
- 10.5 ounces Canned Cream Of Chicken Soup (undiluted)
- ½ cup Chicken Broth
- ½ packet Onion Soup Mix
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese (cut into very small cubes)
- Place the sliced yellow onion in the bottom of a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Place the chicken on top of the onions.
- Pour the melted butter over the chicken and season the chicken with Mrs. Dash seasoning blend and pepper to your liking.
- Sprinkle the ranch dressing mix over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours.
- When your chicken is cooked through (165° F on a meat thermometer) you will proceed with the rest of the mix.
- In a large bowl mix together 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid from the slow cooker, cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, and onions soup mix and stir well until blended.
- Then pour over chicken.
- Place the squares of cream cheese over the chicken, spreading it well amongst the chicken.
- Recover and cook for an additional 45 minutes.
- Serve chicken with sauce over rice or noodles garnishing with sliced green onion and ground paprika if desired.