Make these delicious Crock-Pot Aloha Beans for your next BBQ cookout and wow your guests with these sweet yet savory beans that are loaded with pineapple chunks, onion, bacon, little smokies and a few other choice spices!
Slow Cooker Aloha Beans
I was at a baby shower for a friend recently and her mom had made these amazing Aloha Beans. I was in LOVE with these baked beans. They were the perfect combination of sweet and salty. You know me, I had to ask for the recipe and she kindly gave it to me and told me I was free to adapt it and share it with you all!
The original recipe from my friend’s mother was baked in the oven, and you can totally do that with this recipe too (put it in a big cake pan or disposable baking pan and cover with foil and bake for 45-60 minutes at 350°) but with this summer heat you know this lady is not about to turn the oven on and heat up the whole house. Not when I can use my slow cooker to get the same results.
I also added a few veggies to the mix…some diced red onion and red bell pepper. Both give the recipe some additional flavor notes and the pop of color from the red bell pepper is just so darn pretty!
This recipe makes a party size amount of baked beans (20 servings), if you are just feeding a family go ahead and cut the recipe in half. But I will tell you the leftover beans taste great for several days (up to 5 days) cold or heated up. And you can freeze them too to serve another day.
These beans are great at any BBQ, cookout or potluck. In fact I am taking a pot on over to church next weekend for our summer church potluck and I know there will be no leftovers to tote back home afterwards!
Crock-Pot Aloha Beans Recipe
- 42 Ounces Canned Baked Beans (Drained Of Some Of The Juice (I Used (2) 21 Ounce Cans))
- 20 Ounces Canned Pineapple Chunks (Drained)
- 1 Pound Thick Sliced Center Cut Bacon (Cut Up And Cooked Until Crispy, Fat Drained Off)
- 14 Ounces Cocktail Sausages (Each Link Cut In Half)
- 1 Cup Diced Red Onion
- 1 Cup Diced Red Bell Pepper
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Pinch Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)
- Cook bacon and cut and prepare your cocktail sausages and vegetables,
- Drain excess juice from the cans of baked beans and pineapple.
- Dump everything in the bottom of a 6 quart or larger slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook for 8 to 10 hours on LOW.
- Serve and enjoy!