Chicken, stuffing mix, tomatoes and Italian seasonings are the stars in this recipe for Crock-Pot Chicken Brushetta Bake! A family favorite for sure!
Slow Cooker Chicken Brushetta Bake
I was rifling through my kitchen pantry when I spotted a couple of boxes of Stove Top stuffing and noticed there was a recipe on the back of the box for Brushetta Chicken Bake and as I was reading the recipe the wheels in my head started spinning and I thought to myself that I bet I could adapt this recipe to use my casserole crock pot. So I gathered the ingredients together (chicken, stuffing mix, canned tomatoes, garlic, mozzarella cheese) and then I snipped a some fresh basil from the potted basil I grow in my kitchen window.
The original recipe from Kraft calls for dried basil but I don’t think brushetta is right without fresh basil. It just brings that POP of freshness that dried herbs cannot. Even if you don’t grow fresh basil at home most grocery stores carry little containers of fresh herbs in the produce department or you can buy frozen herb cubes or even tubes of herbs you squeeze out.
But in a pinch dried basil will work too!
This recipe for Crock-Pot Chicken Brushetta Bake is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Crock-Pot Bruchetta Chicken Bake Recipe
- Spray a 3.5 quart slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray if desired.
- Place bite sized pieces of chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl mix together the canned Italian style tomatoes, chicken stuffing mix, water and minced garlic until everything is moist.
- Spoon stuffing mixture over chicken evenly.
- Sprinkle fresh basil and mozzarella cheese over the top of the stuffing mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve with a side salad and enjoy!